Welcome to Strong Woman Radio, a sanctuary free of testosterone (except for a few special guests), where ladies who like to lift heavy things can chitchat about the struggles and success that comes with being a woman in a male dominated sport. We welcome listeners of all sports, be it strongman, Crossfit, olympic lifting or more; but be warned we don’t like running very much unless we are carrying or dragging something heavy while we do it.
DON’T FORGET TO download, subscribe to and listen to the previous episodes! And as you get familiar with the show, leave those reviews and ratings in iTunes, and send us your questions and comments via the comment form, which can be found here.
Enjoy the show and lift on ladies!
Episode 33, Building Mobility & Managing Injuries
- Intro (0:00)
- Latest & Greatest (1:14)
- Welcome back to Strong Woman Radio!
- Standing desks
- How/why Stacy brought her walking desk to the office, and how it is promoting weight-loss for the first time in years! And all the other amazing benefits she has been experiencing since
- Vivian’s suggestion on how Stacy can help heal her hip
- There are ways to make your own standing desk
- Vivian’s feelings on her training as of late
- The benefits of yoga
- The people Stacy follows on Instagram for yoga inspiration
- Welcome Heather (20:54)
- Heather just signed up for her first strongman competition
- Her experience with starting strongman
- Strategy with placement in competitions
- Knowing where your stability limits are at when warming up for a specific lift
- Emotions when lifting
- Thanks for tuning in!
- We will schedule Heather to come on the show again to share on her first competition
- What a novice competition is and how you get an invitation to nationals
- No show next week, but we will be back again soon!
- Outro (52:59)