Welcome to Strong Woman Radio, a sanctuary free of testosterone (except for a few special guests), where ladies who like to lift heavy things can chitchat about the struggles and success that comes with being a woman in a male dominated sport. We welcome listeners of all sports, be it strongman, Crossfit, olympic lifting or more; but be warned we don’t like running very much unless we are carrying or dragging something heavy while we do it.
DON’T FORGET TO download, subscribe to and listen to the previous episodes! And as you get familiar with the show, leave those reviews and ratings in iTunes, and send us your questions and comments via the comment form, which can be found here.
Enjoy the show and lift on ladies!
Episode 35, Live Q&A + The Feels & Comparison
- Intro (0:00)
- Latest & Greatest (1:14)
- It is the end of the fiscal year for Stacy so she walked in the door from a long day of work, unable to eat dinner yet, and grabbed a glass of wine as they set up this week’s podcast recording
- Vivian works in a similar line of work so is also feeling a lot of pressure on fiscal year close
- Stacy had a birthday and they celebrated last week instead of recording a new episode
- What all the birthday celebrations included
- Stacy’s injury still hasn’t fully recovered and she is seeking additional medical input to help her get to the bottom of it
- Vivian is loving sharing her lifts on Periscope
- Ankle injuries and wearing shoes that support ankle mobility
- These are the ones Stacy recommends Reebok CrossFit Lite TR
- Vivian is working on her flexibility and sticking with her usual lifting – she also decided on what lifting competitions she will be participating in
- Competition discussion
- What Happened on the Internet (18:03)
- Gaining respect as a female lifter
- Memes that trash talk and compare one female lifter to the next
- Trash talking, when and where
- Healthy competition
- Feels (28:17)
- Questions & Answers (38:17)
- Weight-lifting belt recommendations
- When Stacy and Vivian wear their belts
- How to handle calluses
- Thanks for tuning in!
- Be sure to follow Vivian on Periscope and tune in on Tuesday and Thursdays for live lifts
- And email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outro (57:09)