Welcome to Strong Woman Radio, a sanctuary free of testosterone (except for a few special guests), where ladies who like to lift heavy things can chitchat about the struggles and success that comes with being a woman in a male dominated sport. We welcome listeners of all sports, be it strongman, Crossfit, olympic lifting or more; but be warned we don’t like running very much unless we are carrying or dragging something heavy while we do it.
DON’T FORGET TO download, subscribe to and listen to the previous episodes! And as you get familiar with the show, leave those reviews and ratings in iTunes, and send us your questions and comments via the comment form, which can be found here.
Enjoy the show and lift on ladies!
- Intro (0:00)
- Latest & Greatest (1:15)
- Why the long break? Real Life Paleo was released and Stacy headed out on The Paleo View Book Signing Tour
- Vivian’s fitness recommendations for Stacy while on tour
- How Stacy is going to build consistency with training again and her priorities in life now
- How Stacy is going to train in a home gym for future competitions
- Vivian’s next competition will likely be in April
- Vivian is doing Cupid Undie Run – support her at http://my.cupids.org/missvfit
- If she reaches her fundraising goal she will make a training video on the 9 fundamental Crossfit movements
- All the money raised goes to children with cancer
- Vivian is CRAFTING FOR THE KIDS! This year she will be making arm knit infinity scarves!
- I ask that for donations of $15+ I’ll finger knit ear warmer/headband for donations of $30+ you will get a scarf of my choosing. If you Donate $40+ you can pick your own colors! This would make a great gift and will helpthe kids to #endNF
- Diet choices to support recovery and goals
- Questions & Answers (41:08)
- Sylvia – how to handle cramps while lifting?
- Angie – how to lift despite previous back injuries?
- Kristy – more ideas on dealing with stinky training clothes and gear
- Sarah – how best to handle weight increase increments to build strength?
- Outro (1:04:44)