Welcome to Strong Woman Radio, a sanctuary free of testosterone (except for a few special guests), where ladies who like to lift heavy things can chitchat about the struggles and success that comes with being a woman in a male dominated sport. We welcome listeners of all sports, be it strongman, Crossfit, olympic lifting or more; but be warned we don’t like running very much unless we are carrying or dragging something heavy while we do it.
DON’T FORGET TO download, subscribe to and listen to the previous episodes! And as you get familiar with the show, leave those reviews and ratings in iTunes, and send us your questions and comments via the comment form, which can be found here.
Enjoy the show and lift on ladies!
Episode 24, Entering into Training with Heather and Nicole
- Intro (0:00)
- Latest & Greatest (1:14)
- More from Nicole & Heather (4:44)
- What was exciting when they first got into heavy lifting?
- Measuring your strength against your own PRs, not others
- How they have built out their own home gyms?
- Other workouts that Nicole and Heather do in addition to lifting and when
- Seeking training and programming, especially when you are new to lifting
- Achieving gains
- Surprises from taking on a lifting regimen
- Finding and creating a lifting community
- Thanks ladies for coming on this week’s show! Don’t forget to find Nicole on her blog and Heather on her’s
- If this episode sparked questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org – and if you have already submitted a question and it hasn’t bene answered yet, please resubmit to email@example.com
- Outro (53:47)