Welcome to Strong Woman Radio, a sanctuary free of testosterone (except for a few special guests), where ladies who like to lift heavy things can chitchat about the struggles and success that comes with being a woman in a male dominated sport. We welcome listeners of all sports, be it strongman, Crossfit, olympic lifting or more; but be warned we don’t like running very much unless we are carrying or dragging something heavy while we do it.
DON’T FORGET TO download, subscribe to and listen to the previous episodes! And as you get familiar with the show, leave those reviews and ratings in iTunes, and send us your questions and comments via the comment form, which can be found here.
Enjoy the show and lift on ladies!
Episode 52, Vivian’s USS Nationals Recap
- Intro (0:00)
- Latest & Greatest (1:16)
- Vivian survived her whole trip traveling from home to Louisville and back all by herself with no backup at all!
- When Stacy competes, she brings a giant entourage of support, so going alone seems so daunting
- Vivian was staying at the same hotel as the people attending the Muhammed Ali funeral, too!
- Vivian’s friend Glenda was selling Lularoe at the show as well.
- The hardest part for Stacy was that there was no feed on Instagram or Facebook so no one could follow along!
- Vivian did exactly what she planned on doing in each event.
- She finished second in the show!
- The winner was much, much bigger than Vivian, but that’s how super heavyweight (200+) goes. Most women in the class are going to be taller and weigh more than Vivian. See the comparison here.
- Samantha Coleman, the winner, is a world record holding powerlifter. She’s new to Strongman, so we look forward to seeing her at Worlds!
- Vivian feels so much less stress now that she’s no longer defending champion.
- The hardest event for her was the fingal fingers, which she was unable to train on.
- Overall, the event was a lot of “cardio” because of all the reps and all the moving events.
- Huge event! 314 people competed overall!
- Vivian was only 3 points from first, and now feels like last year wasn’t a fluke.
- Unfortunately, Sarah from Primal Bites was injured and couldn’t make it to the show.
- Stacy finally got her MRI and so hopefully is closer to recovery!
- Kalle Beck’s seminar was last week as well.
- The Rock, Dwayne Johnson eat 2.3 pounds of cod per day, according to his diet report. Or 821 pounds per year.
- Vivian is now deciding if she should cut 20 pounds to get under the heavyweight limit for her next show.
- Jen Sinkler is coming to the east coast! Stacy and Viv are planning on stalking her. See her on Snapchat!
- Go see Vivian at LoCo Crossfit on July 2 for a Strongman seminar as well!
- Stacy and Viv are looking into how to get rid of clothes they no longer use, especially their Lularoe and workout clothes.
- Wesley wants to create his own version of Batdad. Coming soon because we can’t figure it our yet!
- Not to sound like a douche, but Stacy is good at almost everything. But she’ll throw a temper tantrum if she finds something she’s not good at.
- Ricky Bobby: If you’re not first, you’re last!
- Miss Congeniality playing the cups
- Outro (36:01)