I talked a lot last year about rediscovering my love of reading, audiobooks, books on my Kindle, and the good ole’ paperback every now and then. Last year I wrapped up with my best dozen books of the year, but I’ve been thinking about it a lot these last couple of weeks, so I’m excited to share what I’ve been reading since. I’ve also starting tracking what I read for my job (yes, I get to read for my job!) and other fun reads, including my monthly picks with my book club (wanna join?!).
I even have this year’s recommendations for a “mental vacation” up in my annual Gift Guide That’s Good For People & Planet!
I bolded some of my favorites from this year below. I highly recommend them!
Yes, I’m one of THOSE people. Because I read in different mediums (audio and paper and kindle), I enjoy both fiction and non-fiction at the same time. I’m often often enjoying several books at one time! It’s often a mix of books for “work”, a book club pick, and something recommended by a friend!
- Iron Flame by Rebecca Yarros (the audio version is fantastically done!)
- Hello, Fears: Crush Your Comfort Zone and Become Who You’re Meant to Be by Michelle Poler (she has a new paperback version with additional chapter I suggest)
- Think Like a Monk: Train Your Mind for Peace and Purpose Every Day by Jay Shetty (I like to listen every week or so to a little of his calming inspiration)
What I’ve Read for “Work”
As a leader, business owner, and a podcast host, I am so grateful for the opportunity to read books on so many different topics. Here are a few I think you’ll find interesting – it pairs great with the podcast with the author (listen to The Whole View on your favorite podcast app).
- Fat Talk: Parenting in the Age of Diet Culture by Virginia Sole-Smith, podcast show notes here
- The Revolutionary Ketamine: The Safe Drug That Effectively Treats Depression and Prevents Suicide by Dr. Johnathan Edwards, podcast show notes here
- Bliss Brain: The Neuroscience of Remodeling Your Brain for Resilience, Creativity, and Joy by Dawson Church, podcast show notes here
- You’re Going to Be Okay: 16 Lessons on Healing after Trauma by Madeline Popelka, podcast show notes here
- Forever Strong: A New, Science-Based Strategy for Aging Well by Gabrielle Lyon, podcast show notes here
- Are You Sure? The Unconscious Origins of Certainty (Brain Talk: Conversations with Neuroscientists #1) by Ginger Campbell, podcast show notes here
- Inner Workout: Strengthening Self-Care Practices for Healing Body, Soul, and Mind by Taylor E Morrison, podcast show notes here
- Take Your Own Advice: Learn to Trust Your Inner Voice and Start Helping Yourself by Jeffrey Marsh, podcast show notes here
- Renaissance of Our Own: A Memoir & Manifesto on Reimagining by Rachel Cargle, podcast show notes here (I also got to meet Rachel in-person on her book tour! Read more about that here!)
- The Courage Solution: The Power of Truth Telling with Your Boss, Peers, and Team by Mindy Mackenzie
- We Should All Be Millionaires: A Woman’s Guide to Earning More, Building Wealth, and Gaining Economic Power by Rachel Rodgers
- Power, for All: How It Really Works and Why It’s Everyone’s Business by Julie Battilana (from my Harvard Business School curiculum)
What I’ve Read for Fun
- Call Us What We Carry: Poems by Amanda Gorman
- The Golden Spoon by Jessa Maxwell
- Carrie Soto is Back by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- The Sixth Wedding (28 Summers #1.5) by Elin Hilderbrand
- The Woman in Me by Britney Spears
- Small Town, Big Magic (Witchlore, #1) by Hazel Beck
- Big Little Spells (Witchlore, #2) by Hazel Beck
- Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus
- Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt
- I’m Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy
- Golden Hills by Jennifer Weiner
- Juniper & Thorn by Ava Reid
- The Bookstore Sisters by Alice Hoffman
- Fourth Wing (The Empyrean, #1) by Rebecca Yarros
- The Court of Thorns and Roses series by by Sarah J Maas
- Evidence of the Affair by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Read With Me (“Naughty” Book Club Books)!
One of the coolest best thing I did last year was start my “Naughty” Book Club with all of you! Here are the picks from this year so far. Want to join in? Join me at StacyToth.com for my Book Club membership (only $2 a month or $20 a year). The act of just 5 pages a day can have a huge impact on your well-being, and this is a way to give yourself the gift of commitment and have a community to chat with all month long in the forums, through our group chat and/or on our monthly Zoom Call!
- City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Lost Apothecary by Sarah Penner
- The House of Eve by Sadeqa Johnson
- Drunk on Love by Jasmine Guillory
- Happy Place by Emily Henry
- Meet Me At the Lake by Carley Fortune
- Three Women by Lisa Taddeo
- Kiss the Girl (Meant to Be #3) by Zoraida Cordova
- The Ex Hex series by Erin Sterling
- The London Séance Society by Sarah Penner
You can keep up each week on Instagram and our newsletters.
Want more info on our Real Life? Healthy recipes, parenting tips, and general lifestyle stuff goes out in our Real Everything newsletter, join here.
Never want to miss a post, sale, or deal? Join my Healthy Inside & Out e-mail list for more info on non-toxic living and safer skincare!