Stacy’s Recapping the Best of 2022: One of the lessons I’ve learned as I’ve gotten older (more wise) is to appreciate my achievements; to actually practice gratitude for even the simplest parts of life. I have found that the constant chasing to do more, be better, strive for achievement and success… it’s toxic. It leads to never being satisfied, to achieving huge milestones or goals and then immediately finding them (and thus yourself) not good enough. I shared more here:
With that in mind, I am reflecting back on all that we accomplished in 2022. Last week I shared my family, personal milestone, and travel highlights of 2022 and my best dozen books of 2022, and now it’s time for an overall look back at all I am grateful for last year!
Best of 2022: Top 10 Articles
- 8 Reasons Petroleum Jelly Has No Place in Your Lives and What to Use Instead
- Top 10 Healthiest Houseplants
- Natural or Not: Target Clean Product Guide
- Natural or Not: Target Clean Cleaning Guide
- Clean Curly Hair Products + Routine That’s Improving My Hair
- How I Quit Coffee (and other things I did to fix my cortisol)
- Stacy’s Best Dozen Books of 2022 (new and already top of list!)
- Skin Cycling & Slugging: What is it and How to with the Best (Safer) Products
- Sustainable Sneaker Showdown
- NonToxic NonStick Cookware: Chemical-Free, Mess-Free Pots & Pans
Best of 2022: Top 11 Podcasts
One of the biggest changes in my life over the last decade was taking over The Whole View podcast as a solo host. I was nervous, but also had a huge vision for what I wanted to focus on and share. And you listeners SHOWED UP. I am so grateful to Sarah for her encouragement, to my network Cloud 10 on iHeart Radio, and all the guests that trusted me to move forward with The Whole View. Here are my Top 11 favorite podcasts of the new 2022 Season (since download numbers are almost directly related to which have been released the longest):
- How Lifestyle Helps And Hurts with Jennifer Robins, Episode 002
- Mental Health and the Foster System w/ Matt McCarry, Episode 007
- Optimize Health w/ The Endocrine Doc, Gregory Dodell, MD, Episode 009
- Body Peace and Redefining Beauty w/ Nina Manolson, Episode 010
(just did a follow-up show this week: Episode 41 Here)
- Exploring the Nine Enneagram Types with Shannon Oldenberg, Episode 017
- Fat Camp with Kelsey Snelling, Episode 021 Part 1 and Part 2
- Toxic Beauty Standards with Ky Washington, Episode 024
- Orthorexia, Intuitive Eating & the Loving Diet with Jessica Flanigan, Episode 026 (and the companion follow-up Episode 027 on ACEs)
- Understanding Abelism with Imani Barbarin, Episode 030
- Fertility, Endocrine Disruptors & Women’s Medical Rights with Dr. Lora Shahine, Episode 031
- Non-Toxic Myth Busting with Lindsay Dahl, Episode 032
Best of 2022: 12 New Beautycounter Products
This last year Beautycounter doubled-down on their sustainability and safety efforts for formulas packaging. We saw award-winning favorites get upgrades as well as brand new releases (many of which have already sold out). If you need a refresher on the newness, here’s a recap on what you may have missed NEW in 2022!
- Tightening Boost Body Serum in the Renew You Body Duo
- Reflect Effect Overnight Resurfacing Body Peel in the Renew You Body Duo
- Reflect Effect Bamboobuff Exfoliating Polish in the Clean & Polished Minis
- Clean Swipe Hyaluronic Acid Lip Balm Trio
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer was updated for more sustainable formula and packaging
- Skin Twin Creamy Concealer returned with upgraded packaging
- Full-size Reflect Effect AHA Smoothing Facial Mask
- All Bright Triple Acid AHA Toner
- All Bright Brightening Facial Oil (previously No. 1 Brightening)
- Goodbye, Dry Body Duo with reformulated Superquench Body Butter and Sugarbuff Body Polish in new Monoi scent
- Body product formula and packaging upgrades:
- Softening Hand Lotion in Neroli in refillable glass
- Softening Hand Wash in Neroli in refillable glass
- Hydrating Body Lotion in aluminum with refillable pump
- Body Wash in Citrus Mimosa in aluminum with refill pump
- Daily Shampoo in Bright Grapefruit in aluminum with refill pump
- Daily Conditioner in Bright Grapefruit in aluminum with refill pump
- The limited edition holiday Essentials Eye Palette
sold out but the Good Glitz Palette is still available on sale
Best of 2022: Top 13 (non-Beautycounter) Products of 2022
I was able to spend a lot of time researching and testing products to recommend – both sustainable and safer. So many of these showed up on my 2022 Sustainable Gift Guide & Non-Toxic Wish List for good reason! But, my top favorites from last year are:
- Vegamour (get 20% off with this link) transformed my hair into healthy, long locks of my dreams! And you all made my routine about it one of the top posts of 2022 so you must agree!
- These Microfiber Towels became one of my top recommendations to all my skincare clients; in black for removing makeup and a charcoal mask.
- Ritual multi-vitamins (get 10% off with this link) are the first I’ve ever recommended, based on their safety testing and transparency standards. Learn more on this podcast.
In the Kitchen
- Sustainable Nontoxic Nonstick Cookware from our guide – Upgrading cookware is a gift people will appreciate everyday, but maybe not splurge on for themselves (360 stainless steel nonstick is 25% off non-toxic cookware with code WHOLEVIEW
- Colima Sea Salt (free bag with this link) was the surprise favorite find of the year! I looove salt (podcasted about it here) and this one is the best I’ve ever had – briney, textured, and full of mineral-rich nutrients.
- CozyEarth.com is the gift to give for the person impossible to shop for or if you want to spoil someone, Matt and I are are obsessed with our bamboo sheets and their clothing is on his wishlist after feeling mine while doing laundry! (code WHOLEVIEW for 35% off)
- Cariuma Sneakers – I love their sustainable, hip wide toe box shoes that are so easy to wear you don’t need to use your hands. I’ve got their new lined high tops on my wish list! (featured in this Sustainable Sneaker post)
- Pinsy Shapewear is a multi-purpose gift made with sustainable materials: shape-ware that’s sexy, a gift for you and your partner!
- Bombas Socks (20% off your first order with this link) – We never knew socks could be this good, they’re the perfect gift because most people won’t splurge on themselves. But once you try them, you won’t want to wear anything else! (20% off with our link)
For home & family
- Stanley Adventurer Tumblers are the absolute best way to get your water in! They’re hard to find, so it will also show your loved one that you cared a lot to find it for them.
- Biom Biodegradable and Compostable Wipes in a reusable canister is the perfect gift for the eco-conscious person in your life!
- Boardgames we loved playing with the kids: Everdell and Machi Koro 2
- BOOKS! I loved kicking off the Naughty Book Club this year, and some of my favorite reads of 2022 were: Atlas of the Heart by Brene Brown, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid, The Practical Magic series by Alice Hoffman, If the Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy, and Elin Hilderbrand’s Hotel Nantucket
I’d love to hear what you’re interested in! As I prepare content for 2022, what topics do you want covered in website articles or on podcasts?
You can keep up each week on Instagram and our newsletters.
Want more info on our Real Life? Healthy recipes, parenting tips, and general lifestyle stuff goes out in our Real Everything newsletter, join here.
Never want to miss a post, sale, or deal? Join my Healthy Inside & Out e-mail list for more info on non-toxic living and safer skincare!