Every single person has felt the affects of 2020: we are stressed. So how about some retail therapy? With health and safety top of mind, I’ve pulled together a list of my favorite items for non-toxic healthy living. With lots of options within this 2020 Gift Guide, you’ll find something for everyone on your list! Plus, shopping early will ensure you get everything on time, too!
2020 Holiday Gift Guide
Everyone I knows is exhausted and stressed. Support their healthy self care habits with some of these treats!
- ASOS DESIGN Curve super soft hooded midi robe is what I wear whenever I slide into self care mode. It’s super soft and feels luxurious!
- Countertime Collection is the indulgent, long-lasting anti-aging skincare set that has garnered tons of press for efficacy, safety, and sustainability.
- Ultimate Renewal Bath Set is one of Stacy’s favorite gifts sets this year, the trio helps with your body’s own natural detoxification, exfoliation, and nourishing hydration in the rosewater body oil.
- Candle by the Hour 48-Hour Tall Candle this beeswax candle is what I want for the holidays! The fragrance-free beeswax candle self extinguishes, is the safest of waxes, not to mention super cute.
- Rocky Mountain Soap Co. Bath Bomb Set I actually grabbed this gift set to gift a ton of moms I know, exhausted from a little too much time at home. In short, escape to your “spa” (bathtub) with these effervescent and safely scented bath bombs.
At-Home Mani Pedi
While businesses closed around the country, women started doing their own manicure and pedicures at home. Here’s what people need to take that at-home mani-pedi to the next level!
- Ultimate Bath Renewal Set yep, also the same one from Self Care. This versatile set is perfect for exfoliating as well as hydrating hands and feet.
- ZIZZON Manicure Set this affordable, high quality top-reviewed set also happens to be adorable and conveniently packaged!
- COTE – TAKEOFF this is THE best non-toxic nail polish remover. It will even remove stubborn gel polish or dip powder.
- Good Scents Hand Cream Trio
- Dazzle Dry Full System
Not sure where to start? Check out my video tutorial on an at-home manicure here.
Quarantine Work From Home
This year has changed a lot of things for a lot of us. Because of that, how we “get ready” for the day is entirely different. So, here are the things I think we all need!
- Primally Pure Dry Shampoo & Hair Scalp Massager Shampoo Brush for years I could NOT make powdered dry shampoo work for me. Then I found the “dark locks” version and the volumizing shampoo brush. This combo finally got me away from my propellant-fueled spray dry shampoos, but still allows me to pretend I’ve recently washed my hair on Zoom calls.
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer has mineral-based SPF that also blocks aging blue rays. If you’re sitting in front of a screen all day, protect your skin with this tinted moisturizer that also hydrates.
- Lip Conditioner Set sits on my desk at all times. This is my go-to when I’m talking in meetings or just want a touch of self care on long days.
- Powerbeats Pro Totally Wireless Earphones After reading a LOT of reviews (I have sensitive ears), I gifted myself these this year and love them! They have been so helpful when I need quiet time – both in private virtual meetings as well as taking a break walking around the neighborhood and listening to audio books and podcasts!
The thing I’ve realized about quarantine with kids: I’m not getting enough alone time. Not only does taking time for me with an at-home spa experience nourish me emotionally, but it’s helping with the idea of going into this cocoon and coming out a butterfly. With all the stress, we need it!
- PMD Personal Microderm Classic this little facial gadget is more safe and less scary than you might imagine. It uses a gentle vacuum to pull out grime from pores, and also uses a polishing tip to increase cellular regeneration to resurface dead, scarred skin. If you had or have acne or blackhead-prone skin, have scarring, discoloration, or signs of aging – this is a game changer.
- Counter+ Charcoal Facial Mask gift someone a “lump of coal” that benefits their skin with activated charcoal and clay to pulls dirt, oil, and environmental pollutants out of pores. Because of Beautycounter’s dedication to clean ingredients, it does all of this naturally.
- Countertime Radiant Skin Set this powerhouse duo uses an award-winning Retinatural serum combined with a zinc-based facial rolling tool to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles all over.
- Primally Pure Gua Sha Stone if you’re going to only get one facial tool, this is the one I recommend. It’s affordable and has so many edges and shapes it’s near universal in use.
- Counter+ No. 1 Brightening Facial Oil or Special Edition Cleansing Balm both are perfect for use with facial rollers and gua sha stones, to help the tools glide more easily on the surface of the skin and help heal the moisture barrier with healthy skin nutrients and lipids.
- Bright Side Duo (supplies are anticipated to run out soon) is a day and night duo of Vitamin C serums. This powerful antioxidant evens skin tone, helps refine the surface of the skin with soothing botanical acids, and also instantly increases the appearance of brighter skin.
- Counter+ Eye Revive Cooling Masks if you’re not sleeping as well as before, or just want to look more awake, these cooling masks are soothing on the skin and have a livening affect as they cool and de-puff tired eyes. Keep them refridgerated for even better results, I re-use mine 2-3 times per set.
- Countertime Ultra Renewal Eye Cream the most luxurious and effective of all eye creams, this is a tired eye’s dream. Shown to reduce the appearance of fine lines as well as de-puff and brighten!
Not sure where to start? Check out my tutorial series on an at-home spa experience here.
Gifts for Him
This year we’ve spend more time outdoors, and the boys are all loving these!
- Counterman Fresh Essentials includes all our favorites: fresh scented Shampoo, Body Wash, and the DEBUT of the FULL SIZE REFILLABLE Clean Deo all with activated charcoal.
- Counterman, some of our other favorites: the Bar, Toner Pads, Face Wash and Oil-Free Lotion, and Shave Cream.
- The Bike Rack has been awesome for the boys to all ride their bike to open air markets or pick up take out or groceries.
- Laser Tag is such a fun backyard activity for our boys, and less expensive than one trip to the nearby indoor arena.
- Bose Sunglasses have been Matt’s favorite gift of the year. He’s able to listen to music or a podcast but still hear neighbors as they thank him for delivering the mail. Plus, it’s easier on the ears for someone that’s sensitive.
- Coleman Propane Tabletop Grill is awesome for camping, glamping, or wherever you try to escape this year.
- Our Fire Ring (with a couple bags of rocks under it) was super affordable and a fantastic way to get out of the house and spend quality time together.
- Feast by Firelight is on my gift list this year, looking forward to some awesome inspiration now that we’ve been camping more!
- Sodastream is used by our family multiple times a day, and is a great gift for someone who wants to kick a soda habit. We flavor ours with crystalized citrus but there are lots of options!
Beautycounter Gift Guide
My personal favorite non-toxic brand is Beautycounter. I love that they’re a certified B Corp that has won awards for sustainability as well as empowers tens of thousands of small business woman-owned businesses (like me!). Looking to save or gift to the youngers in your life? Here are my recommendations:
Affordable Sets You Can Split
These little sets come with multiple items each. As a result, they are perfect for little stocking stuffers, combining together, or with other items in sets (like those shown above).
- Luminous Lids Cream Shadows
- The Clean Deo Minis
- Beyond Gloss Trio
- Good Scents Body Butter Trio
- Lip Conditioner Set
- The Jellies – Brights
- Give ‘Em Lip Trio
- Good Scents Hand Cream Trio
The tween little ladies in my life last year loved getting Jellies, which I put on a keychain for their backpack. This year I’ll be putting them in a “treats” basket.
Gift Guide for Teens & Makeup Gurus
Whether you have teens and tweens or just someone in your life who loves to express creativity with makeup, these items are all perfect!
- Counter+ Charcoal Cleansing Bar & Counter+ Charcoal Facial Mask let you “gift” a lump of coal!
- Skin Twin Featherweight Foundation, Skin Twin Creamy Concealer and The Better Blender are perfect for the top beauty trend right now: natural looking, healthy, glowing complexion.
- One-Step Make Up Remover Wipes are a perfect stocking stuffer!
- The Clean Deo Minis, The Jellies – Brights, Luminous Lids Cream Shadows and Beyond Gloss Trio all make great stocking stuffers or small hostess gifts.
- Winter Warmth Duo is a rose gold glow-up we can’t get enough of!
- Golden Hour All-In-One Palette is talc-free, tested for contaminants like heavy metals, and performs like department store powders. Universal across skin tones and includes 4 shadows, a warming highlighter, blush, and removable mirror all for a fantastic price. Because of all of that, it’s literally the all-in-one everyone will love.
If you’re interested in what we’ve recommended before, here are our other gift guides from years past:
- Paleo Parents Gift Giving Guide 2014!
- The 2015 Christmas Shopping List for Giving Gifts to Everyone on your List
- Holiday Gift Ideas & GIVEAWAY! (2017)
Hope this little gift guide will make your shopping experience just a little easier!
Never want to miss a post, sale, or deal? Join my Healthy Inside & Out e-mail list for more info on non-toxic living and safer skincare!
Want more info on our Real Life? Healthy recipes, parenting tips, and general lifestyle stuff goes out in our Real Everything newsletter, join here.