No one is flawless. Which makes each and every single one of us fantastic in our own wonderful unique ways. Period. No ifs and or buts.
As middle age has encroached upon me, I’ve become more comfortable in my skin, more accepting and loving of myself. With a safer clean-ingredient skincare routine I no longer feel I need heavy make-up. I’ve found that I feel my best when I have a simple routine – it’s become a form of self-care that helps me feel engaged with the world and ready for the day. If you don’t wear make up, or you feel your best with a full face then keep being authentically you! Maybe also consider SPF at least; I love Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer with SPF, which spawned this post. ♥
Flawless in 5, my six must-have cleaner cosmetics at 20% off
It’s no new news that I’ve been using Beautycounter for about 3 years – ever since I learned the skincare company I was using had greenwashed and was not ACTUALLY using fermented cod liver oil in their face balm but rather rancid oils. Yup, they can do that – because there’s no regulation or updates to the law since 1938! Once I switched skincare, however, it took much longer to finally transition make-up.
I really didn’t want to give up my beloved department store products. I thought if I protected the base layer of my skin it was fine to keep using makeup that may have ingredients I wasn’t thrilled about. However, when I did my research the facts were: makeup can be more harmful for our health than the skincare you put on directly. Why? I detailed my findings (with scientific references) on Why Cleaner Cosmetics Matter, but the short story is – the particles we breath in or eat have a higher absorption than those coming through the skin, which serves as a protective barrier. From nano particles and heavy metals to hormone disrupting chemicals and carcinogenic toxins, they’ve found it all in modern makeup.
Did you know?
Inhaled powders and ingested products are absorbed much more than thru the skin. A study found Cadmium absorbed at .5% through the skin, but 60% internally. Nearly all makeup contains heavy metals, especially natural brands, since metals are in organic matter! The only way to know is to TEST. This is why I use Beautycounter; they test source ingredients, finished products, and batch test over time.
As someone with autoimmune and MTHFR, I cannot handle any additional toxins. These are some common ones found in makeup:
- ARSENIC: absorbed through inhalation and ingestion – causes birth defects, and is a carcinogen: lung, skin, liver, bladder, and kidneys, GI damage, severe vomiting, diarrhea, death.
- LEAD: absorbed through inhalation and ingestion – causes anemia, hypertension, kidney damage, miscarriages, disruption of nervous systems, brain damage, infertility, intellectual disorders.
- CADMIUM: absorbed through inhalation, ingestion and absorption through the skin – causes anemia, birth defects, impairment of pulmonary function, renal dysfunction, bone changes, liver damage (hepatotoxicity), kidney damage (nephrotoxicity), iron deficiency, oxidative stress.
Now, think about those things being absorbed ONE HUNDRED & TWENTY times worse than skincare! Finding quality cleaner cosmetics that perform like your beloved brand names is tough, but Beautycounter has been worn on the red carpet, featured multiple times on the Today show, and is award-winning by Allure, Cosmo, etc. it’s LEGIT: performs and is safer! [read more and get sources in my Why Cleaner Cosmetics Matter post]
Stacy’s Favorite, the discounted cleaner cosmetic make-up bundle
Listen, I get it. Switching make-up is one of those drastic actions we makeup mavens fear. It’s your face.
But I wouldn’t steer you wrong, and I wouldn’t ever suggest something I didn’t personally use and love. For YEARS I’ve begged Beautycounter to allow customers to choose Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer with SPF as an option in Flawless in 5. While I sometimes want fuller coverage, what I (and most people I know) want is a little bit of color correction, light coverage, and SPF protect. Which is where Dew Skin delivers. So imagine my face when Beautycounter announced this week that DEW SKIN IS FINALLY AN OPTION IN FLAWLESS IN FIVE!!
You don’t have to imagine it. This is legit what my face looked like… wearing my very own Flawless in 5 now that my favorite favorite favorite Beautycounter item is included as an option
Friends, these are 6 high-performance clean-ingredient safer cosmetic items bundled together for a perfect, nay, flawless, bundled set. When you buy the bundle, you get 20% off. Switching to safer isn’t cheap, and I LOVE helping you save money. So let me be the first to tell you: THIS is the best quality, most affordable, tested for safety, cosmetics I can find. Plus, with a 60 day no-questions-asked return policy, what do you have to lose?!
Why do I love Dew Skin So Much?
- Non-Nano Zinc Oxide Mineral-based SPF 20 protects your skin against UVA, UVB, and Blue Light damage!
- Hyaluronic Acid hydrates delicately and deeply, for a dewy glow and finish on your skin, leaving it smooth and balanced.
- Vitamin C (as well as black currant and peony-root extract) enhance brightness and even skin tone.
- Zinc and Vitamin C are both naturally anti-inflammator\ch reduce acne and soothe the skin.
- The flowy, translucent, “instantly perfecting” lightweight cream events out complexion, but does not cover freckles!
- It won Allure’s Best of Beauty, as well as received press from Refinery 29, Goop, TeenVogue, Byrdie, Into The Gloss, Good Housekeeping, and Glamour.
- Dew Skin is a TINTED MOISTURIZER; it IS my moisturizer. I let the Dew Skin settle into my skin for a few minutes before jumping into my make-up routine, that way I am always protected by the SPF!
- The ultimate no-makeup makeup that helps you be your best self!
And as always, Beautycounter triple tests for safety – ingredient source, in packaging, and subsequent batch tests! I don’t know any other brand on the market that committed to our health.
What exactly is “Flawless in 5”
Flawless in 5 is a bundled collection of makeup items you can customize to your preference. This is what I’ve worn nearly every day for years, it’s so simple, quick, and easy I have been known to do it in the car! You can choose:
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer with SPF or Tint Skin Foundation (I wear Dew Skin No. 1 and Tint Skin in Linen)
- Concealer Pen (I wear Fair)
- Satin Blush (I like Date for a bronzed glow and Nectar, which is most popular)
- Either a Brow Pencil or Brow Gel (I wear Gel in Light)
- Mascara! You can choose either Lengthening or what I wear, Volumizing Mascara. I also use Collagen Lash Primer
- lastly, Lip Gloss of your choice – one of my favorite Beautycounter items! Try Bare or Blush Shimmer, Buff, Rosewood, Dahlia or Azalea.
Wanna see it put on? Check out this quick video I did!
Not sure what colors to get? E-mail me, comment, use my Facebook Group to help you figure it out. This is a good map to selecting, too – always go darker for Tint or Dew Skin and lighter for concealer to lighten and brighten under the eyes.
I hope you will love Dew Skin in Flawless in Five as much as me, and I KNOW it will save you a TON of money, since now it’s 20% off EVERYDAY!
If you do purchase Flawless in Five I also suggest getting a Band of Beauty membership. This is simply a customer loyalty program, like Amazon Prime. You pay $29 annually, and in return you get 10% back in product credit on every order, free shipping on orders over $100, and a free gift with purchase. For May 2019 the gift is Countermatch Body Lotion, an unscented hydrating cream that adapts to your body’s individual moisture needs ($39 value free). I actually make less money if you get BoB, but it’s such a great deal I always encourage people to get it because I want you to save as much as possible!
If you got Flawless in 5 + Band of Beauty, you’d spend $179 (before taxes) for a $247.95 value – that’s 28% off, more than my discount!
Want more info on our Real Life? Healthy recipes, parenting tips, and general lifestyle stuff goes out in our Real Everything newsletter, join here.
Never want to miss a post, sale, or deal? Join my Healthy Inside & Out e-mail list for more info on non-toxic living and safer skincare!