Listen, we know the blog goes dark sometimes. We’re a real family with real lives. But then, all the sudden a 1,000+ word post hits and you’re like, dude… why don’t these people space this ish out? That’s a good question! And until we figure out how to do that, make sure you don’t miss everything packed into this post:
- The launch of our Healthy Inside & Out mugs for anyone who wants to join team-drink-more-broth
- November’s Beautycounter special: a free mug & product for the “outside” part of Healthy Inside & Out
- New Recipe for a broth-based pumpkin spice latte we’re calling Cinderella Butter Broth Latte
Healthy Inside & Out Mugs
I’ve been drinking a lot of healthy beverages lately. It’s my mission in November to drink a cup of broth daily. I personally find that when I’m busy I turn to snack foods that are often less nutrient-rich, even if they are paleo-friendly. But I’ve always got time to drink a cup broth – and now you can, too! To help you join me, I’ve got team “Healthy Inside & Out” mugs for us all to use!
There’s two ways you can get these mugs:
- Buy one here, they’re $19.99 shipped US. We can do international but will need to quote you separate pricing. They’re made by my co-worker who is launching a crafting a business. So, in addition to being inspired to drink healthy things, you can support two small businesses, too!
- You can get one free from me if you place a Beautycounter order from 11/7-21/16, details below.
I quit coffee (and all caffeine) 8 days ago to give my body a little break. I’m starting the day with Vital Proteins Beef Liver Pills for the energy-boosting B12 and have had either cup of tea (I’m obsessed with this Cinnamon & Licorice one) or a cup of broth to start my day with the comfort my warm coffee used to. But, instead of having a boring cup of broth, I’ve been making a mug of what I am going to dub the “Cinderella Latte.”
Frankly, it feels fancy and tastes like you just got a wish from your fairy godmother – why yes, we did make a pumpkin spice latte out of broth. Get it? Cinderella pumpkin? Cinderella is the fanciest of all the princesses I can think of AND since we all can’t ever forget her pumpkin carriage… I think of her every time I drink one.
That’s why I want you to join me in doing and drinking all the healthy things this month – so not only am I offering up my recipe for Cinderella Butter Broth Latte, I’m also offering the mug as a FREE gift with purchase to anyone who orders with Beautycounter.
November Beautycounter Special
I know, I know. It’s obnoxious if it’s not something you’re into… which is why you can buy the mug and make the recipe independent of ordering. But like I’ve said before, I too was turned off and resisted and refused trying it. But if you know me at all you know I’m only talk about products I truly love and use myself. And I’ve become obsessed – just like I became obsessed with Paleo when I started.
If you’re not familiar with the brand or wondering why I’ve added them to our list of affiliates, I’ve created a new FAQ page here. I haven’t used any products that perform so well without any toxins in the years I’ve been in the pursuit of a safer skincare skintervention. And for that reason, I’m offering a special incentive monthly in 2016 to help make the product more affordable every month for all of you. This month that special is a free mug as a gift with purchase of only $45… plus 3 other options to “choose your own adventure” on what your interest is!
This month, from November 7-21st my personal incentive for you all is:
- Spend $45 and get the Healthy Inside & Out mug, or
- Spend $125 and get the mug AND one of the NEW Eyeliner or Eyebrow Pencils (your choice), or
- Spend $150 and get the mug AND the Powder Brush (what I use everyday with the Mattify Finishing Powder), or
- Spend $225 and get the mug AND an Eye Pencil AND the Powder Brush!
PLUS one of my absolute favorite must-haves, the Mattifying Finishing Powder (similar to Bare Minerals Translucent Finishing Powder, only better for your health) is the FREE item with your Target coupons (i.e. if you bought a Beautycounter item at Target it included a coupon for a free gift with purchase item – that gift is the powder starting 11/7)! That’s why I’m offering the Powder Brush – because I think the two go hand-in-hand. I’m also SUPER excited about the new eye pencils and couldn’t decide which offer to let you in on, which is why this month you get to choose what works best for you.
If you need ideas on what to get based on budget or personal needs I’ve outlined them all here in the FAQ. Please note, values above are after promotional discounts and before tax. Also, since we have to ship a heavy mug, this offer is for US only – if you’re international e-mail me and we can figure something out. And, you MUST use the link beautycounter.com/stacytoth so that I can track your orders!
Alright… onto the mind-blowingly amazing new recipe that everybody is absolutely must-try and going to love!
- Peel of anorange or 2 or 3 clementine, tangerine or other citrus peel
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1-3" of fresh, peeled ginger
- 3 lbs gelatinous bones (we recommend half pork, half chicken; especially chicken feet)
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Place bones, salt, and vinegar in a large pot and cover with water until completely submerged.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. If scum begins to form, boil for ten minutes, drain water and replace. Bring back to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 8 to 12 hours. Alternatively, place bones, salt, vinegar and water in an Instant pot and set on manual for 2 hours at high pressure. For more information on making broth, see this tutorial.
- When broth is done, add the satchel with the herbs and simmer for 30 more minutes.
- Strain out bones and satchel and store your broth until ready to make your latte!
- 32oz Cinderella Broth (above)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 6 Tbsp grass-fed ghee, butter, heavy cream or full fat coconut milk
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen (optional, but we add it... always!)
- In a small pot, combine spices, butter and broth and simmer for twenty minutes over medium heat.
- Pour broth into a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds until frothy.
- Pour into mugs to serve.
This makes enough for you to have several during the week – we simply re-heat and reblend before serving to save time when in a hurry! Do not use “regular” stock for this! Make the above homemade stuff using orange peel, fresh rosemary, and ginger as a flavoring – not savory things like onions or garlic!
Not only will the variation in flavors improve this sweeter-broth-turned-latte, but these are 4 of top anti-inflammatory spices – rosemary, cloves, ginger, and cinnamon are all incredibly health-promoting. Coupled with grass-fed dairy fats high in CLA, Vitamin K2 and A, with the nutritional power of the amino-acids in broth, this is one powerhouse of a drink that you will love!