Our eighth show!
Ep. 8: Paleo on the Road
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah answer your questions on how to live paleo in a non-paleo world. Diane Sanfilippo of Balanced Bites and Practical Paleo help them tackle eating in restaurants, eating while traveling and eating at other people’s houses. Can a paleo lifestyle be maintained when you’re not in your own kitchen? We answer a resounding “YES!” And if not, well tell you how to heal your gut from accidental gluten exposure.
Click the picture above to be taken to iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean player below
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 8: Paleo on the Road
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:18 – News and Views
- 8:10 – Science with Sarah: How long does it take to heal after being exposed to gluten?
- Sarah’s post on lectins (of which gluten is the most famous)
- Diane on gluten and a leaky gut
- Our friend Shirley on “being glutened”
- Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms When My Test Results Are Normal?
- Lactulose/Mannitol Test is a common test for determining leaky gut or celiac disease; it measures the proportion of these sugars collected in urine after they are ingested.
- Alessio Fasano and the Revolution Health Radio episode he appeared in
- Zonulin, the protein that controls gut permeability
- Microvilli, the tiny nodes on the inside of the gut that increase surface area to allow more area for nutrient absorption
- Diane on RobbWolf.com on adrenal fatigue, stress and leaky gut
- 27:15 – Questions and answers
- 27:45 – How do you stay paleo while traveling and staying in other’s houses
- 49:56 – How do you eat away from the house?
- 1:03:17 – How do you navigate diet differences at work functions and business meetings?
- 1:12:05 – What can you do to heal when you accidentally consume a food that makes you sick?
- 1:27:13 – Outro
Support us by shopping on Amazon (below) or Donating through Paypal (below) or shopping through links on our sidebars, please!