Ep. 279: Sarah and the Tonsillectomy
In this episode, Sarah talks about her decision to proceed with a tonsillectomy for her daughter.
Click here to listen in iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean Player below
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 279: Sarah and the Tonsillectomy
- News and Views (0:41)
- Stacy thanks you for your well wishes on the anniversary of her brother Andrew’s death
- Sarah’s daughter recently had a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy after a long struggle to get her tonsils back to normal.
- Sarah and her family have a history of having inflamed tonsils.
- While there is a small role for tonsils, possibly as a early warning system for the immune system, you can easily live without them.
- Sarah had a lot of antibiotics for strep because of tonsils and wonders how that affected her health.
- Her daughter also had a lot of strep as well despite a healthy lifestyle. Recently, that had increased in frequency as well.
- This summer, the tonsils had swollen and wouldn’t go back down to the point of affecting her sleep. They had to come out.
- She had the surgery and also had her adenoids out at the same time.
- Sarah has been giving her recovery foods, but feels guilty that they are juice and popsicles.
- DON’T WORRY about such things! You are getting her through a tough time!
- Remember: make the best decisions you can for your kids and don’t dwell on what could have been.
- And medicine is not the enemy! It will save your life!
- Please Rate and review us!
- Outro (35:52)