Ep. 120, More on Broth
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah share more nutritional information on their beloved broth, and are joined by Caitlin Weeks and Nabil Bournar, authors of Mediterranean Paleo, to help answer broth related questions.
Check out the first Paleo View episode dedicated to broth here.
Click the picture above to be taken to iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean Player below
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 120: More on Broth
- Intro (0:00)
- News and Views (0:56)
- Stacy’s Thanksgiving
- The excitement of books hitting Costcos
- Sarah’s Thanksgiving
- Stacy and Sarah’s next steps on The Paleo View Book Signing Tour
- Sarah’s upcoming tour schedule
- Be sure to watch Sarah’s site for giveaways for the rest of the calendar year
- Follow Stacy on Instagram here and Sarah here
- Science with Sarah (18:51)
- Glycine content of broth
- Other amino acids can be made from glycine within the cells
- Building block of almost every protein
- How deficiency in glycine is directly linked to chronic health issues
- Questions & Answers (25:48)
- Welcome Caitlin and Nabil, authors of Mediterranean Paleo, who are also broth lovers and here to answer questions
- Kelly – does the source of the bones matter (grass-fed vs. conventional)?
- Jen – what is the most efficient way to make broth?
- There are not only a number of recipes in Mediterranean Paleo that feature broth, but offal as well
- Beyond Bacon, Real Life Paleo and The Paleo Approach Cookbook also feature ideas on how to incorporate these nutrient dense foods
- Special thanks to Caitlin and Nabil for coming on this week’s show!
- Outro (1:06:25)