Welcome audio producer, host, and storyteller Ronald Young Jr. to a special bonus episode of The Whole View! Stacy and Ronald talk about Ronald’s new podcast, Weight For It, which, through narrative storytelling, unpacks the nuanced thoughts of fat folks and of all folks who think about their weight all the time. Stacy is briefly featured on the episode, Articles of Weight, discussing plus-sized clothing.
If you enjoy the show, please leave a review. Letting people know on iTunes or however you listen that it’s worth their time could change someone’s life!
- Ronald Young Jr. is a audio producer, host, and storyteller, based in Alexandria, VA.
- Stacy and Ronald met at a plus-size clothing swap hosted by Plush DMV at Femme Fatale DC in October 2022. Ronald was interviewing guests at the event during the early stages of podcast production for his newest endeavor, Weight For It.
- However, Ronald isn’t new to podcasting! He hosted of the television and film review podcast Leaving the Theater, is a regular contributor to NPR’s Pop Culture Happy Hour as a guest panelist, and was on Pushkin’s Solvable and HBO Docs Club from Pineapple Street Studios. He also hosted and produced his storytelling podcast, Time Well Spent.
- Furthermore, Weight For It was named a 2023 Official Audio Storytelling Selection by the Tribeca Festival and Vulture recently named Ronald one of four podcasters to watch in 2023.
Weight For It
- This new podcast is meant to be a narrative show that tells the stories of those trying to navigate through a fatphobic world and a world that doesn’t “fit”.
- So a lot of the six-episode first season Ronald is biographical, but it does branch out to hear the perspectives of others. The series begins with four personal stories.
- The episode Stacy is featured is called “Articles of Weight”, which examines what exactly makes it so hard to provide more fashionable plus-sized clothing options for fat folks.
- Then Season 2 will be out in the Summer of 2024, talking more about the ways the world doesn’t fit us.
Studies, References & Products
- Femme Fatale DC
- Plush DMV
- Tribeca Films Official Selections: Weight For It
- Weight For It Podcast: Articles of Weight (features Stacy!)
- Stacy’s Instagram Reel: Your Body Is Not The Problem
- The Whole View, Season 3:
- 18: Fat Positivity & Body Grief w/ Bri Campos
- 20: Building Self Trust Without Toxic Positivity w/ Molly Goodman (Molly is also featured in the Articles of Weight episode!)
- 21: Fat Camp, Dieting, and Weight Loss For Kids w/ Kelsey Snelling
- 65: Fat Talk, Parenting in the Age of Diet Culture w/ Virginia Sole-Smith
So want more info on our Real Life? Healthy recipes, parenting tips, and general lifestyle stuff goes out in our Real Everything newsletter, join here.
Never want to miss a post, sale, or deal? Join my Healthy Inside & Out e-mail list for more info on non-toxic living and safer skincare!