Many of us are getting back to more consistent travel plans this year – whether by plane, train, or automobile! As for us, we recently returned from a family trip to the beach and visited Disney just a few months ago. I also usually travel once a month for work-related activities and have found some simple ways to stay safer and enjoy my trip more. There are many “travel hacks” out there, but here are some keep-it-simple tips that can apply to almost any trip for safer travel.
Tips for Safer Travel
- Don’t overly stress – do the best you can and trust your body. Usually when I travel my body does a better job of handling environmental stress because my internal daily stress is less.
- Do bring your own water bottle and snacks – not only does this avoid single-use plastic, you’ll never know when you won’t have access to food – then you know you have something you like!
- Don’t skip sleep – if changing time zones, don’t be ashamed to go to bed when your body needs – your immune system needs it!
- Do go digital with paperwork – keep an e-copy of “important paperwork” and say no thanks to receipts (very high in BPA).
- Don’t trust blindly: be alert – tourists are targeted for crimes.
- Do bring your own first aid and medicine needs. You never want to ask a stranger for pills, and I always need a band-aid for my feet!
- Don’t use public wifi – your passwords will surely be hacked!
- Do use a bag that secures well to prevent pickpockets and big enough to bring layers for unexpected weather.
- Don’t assume safety protocols – look for signs or ask.Do ask for fragrance-free from the hotel or Airbnb, etc. They will likely have laundry detergent they can use for sensitive needs and can unplug air fresheners ahead of your arrival.
- Don’t ignore your hygiene practices – wash hands often!
- Don’t disrespect local culture or bring up politics – observe and avoid drawing attention to yourself. Travel is a great time to listen and learn!
- Do bring your own hand sanitizer (we love Hand Savior) and personal care products (like the smaller singles). I love a “spa night” with myself, plus if I’m traveling it helps my skin glow!
Smaller Singles for Safer Travel
Beautycounter recently released safer, smaller, singles of our staple products for a limited time while supplies last. I know they’re called “minis” but really these are “half size” and very substantial. They should last 1-6 months with regular use (depending on frequency). These are a perfect way to build a travel stash or to simply try a product at a lower price point. BONUS: Use the code CLEANFORALL30 through August with a new email address for 30% your total purchase!
BEST DEAL: Countertime Cleansing Oil, 30ml for $12 (full size: 150ml for $54)
MY MUST HAVE: Countertime Mineral Boost Hydrating Essence, 30ml for $15 (full size: 150ml for $68)
WORKHORSE: Countertime Tripeptide Radiance Serum, 15ml for $48 (full size: 30ml for $87)
UNIVERSAL MOISTURIZER: Countertime Antioxidant Soft Cream, 15ml for $29 (full size: 50ml for $87)
NIGHT MAGIC: Overnight Resurfacing Peel, 15ml for $40 (full size: 30ml for $72)
AT-HOME HYDRAFACIAL: Reflect Effect AHA Smoothing Facial Mask, 30ml for $42 (full size: 75ml for $96)
You can keep up each week on Instagram and our newsletters: