When I came up with the name for this recipe, I was reminded of the movie Willow and the Brownies telling Madmartigan that he was a stupid Daikini. “I stole the baby from you, Daikini! While you were taking a peepee!”
Now that I’ve alienated most of my audience with a reference to a moderately successful 25 year old movie, let’s talk about the farmer’s market and the plentiful zucchini we found! Stacy loves zucchini, particularly baking them. I has been, however, over 9 months since we last made any zucchini muffins. In fact, those of you who own Eat Like a Dinosaur may in fact have pictures of the last time we had zucchini in the house! So when we found them back in the market, we bought about a dozen.
Now this recipe is for a different, version of a zucchini muffin that we really enjoyed playing around with. Hope you enjoy!
- ♥ With electric or stand mixer, beat applesauce, honey and oil
- ♥ Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined
- ♥ Slowly mix in almond flour and soda, then beat until batter forms
- ♥ Fold in zucchini and raisins
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, makes 15 muffins
Let your little helpers assist with steps marked with a ♥!
As you can see, big hit with this guy! The muffin was moist and delicious and really hit the spot!