So many goodies in this post: (1) a recipe for our favorite Coffee-Rubbed Steak, (2) an introduction to ButcherBox, and (3) how to save money with a coupon and get free steaks (no strings attached!) if you want to try them out!
When we first dipped our toes into the world of Paleo seven (7!!!) years ago, along the way we also made the switch to grass-fed and pastured meat as much as we could. We’ve been huge advocates since, even dedicating a whole cookbook to making ethically raised, sustainable, high-quality meat is a priority for all – not to mention how much better it tastes!
Animals raised on pasture have more good-for-you fats, less inflammatory fats, and often more nutrients as well. This is super important for me and maintaining health while keeping multiple autoimmune disease in remission- it really does make a difference!
Think of cows like four-legged lawn mowers… this means instead of being cooped up in small spaces eating all day, they are always on the move, grazing in green pastures and absorbing natural sunlight. Exercise leads to more muscle tone and leaner cattle. And the resulting beef? Well it’s chewier, contains less fat, it’s rich in heart-healthy Omega-3 fatty acids, and the flavor is more varied than the typical grocery store cuts of beef that come from corn-raised cows.
We love working with companies who are passionate about raising high-quality meat, AND making that meat accessible to more people! And ButcherBox is doing just that! They are basically a monthly pastured meat subscription service (and a good one!). It’s like Amazon Subscribe & Save – but for meat, you’ll never need to run to the store for dinner again!
In case you’re not yet familiar, ButcherBox curates a selection of the tastiest cuts of grass-fed and grass-finished beef, heritage breed pork, and organic/pastured chicken (always free of antibiotics and hormones) from trusted farmers and delivers 8.5-11 pounds of meat right to your door every month, which is enough for about 18-25 individual meals.
And for ONE WEEK ONLY (6/5 through 6/11) you will get $10 off plus 2 free Ribeye Steaks (so you can make our Coffee-Rubbed Steak!!) when you place an order! This is such an awesome deal!!
The details: You get to choose how often to have a box delivered, and of course you can cancel anytime if you don’t want to continue getting it. Shipping is always included in the price. The meat comes frozen- so stash it right in your freezer and you’ll always have good quality meat on hand!
You’ll also receive a selection of recipe cards, featuring simple and delicious recipes from their favorite food bloggers and chefs. Each month’s box is a little different, and no worries all the cuts of meat are things you’ve seen before and will have no problem using up! We loved the thinly sliced beef so easy to use in a stir fry and no prep work required!
We’re fortunate to live in an area with many local farms doing things the right way and producing high-quality meat… that is to say: we’ve tried a lot of meat from many different places, and ButcherBox is definitely some of the tastiest! It’s not only good for you, but incredibly juicy, tender, and flavorful we know you’ll love it! And if you struggle with knowing exactly the quality of meat you find in your supermarket, a ButcherBox delivery might just be a lifesaver for you!
How to Order:
Getting the right ButcherBox for you is super easy! Here’s how:
- Select your box– choose from five different types of boxes depending on your preferences (you can see exactly which items were included in the previous month’s box if you’d like a better idea of what to expect). You can change your box type anytime.
- Customize to your liking – if you want more meat or something specific, browse the “add-ons” and get additional products like breakfast sausage, bacon, burgers, and ground beef (you don’t have to add anything on though).
- Set your schedule – ButcherBox is a monthly membership service but you can adjust your frequency to receive a box every other month or every three months. You can also cancel anytime.
And now, one of new favorites Coffee-Rubbed Steak, which goes great with eggs for breakfast!
- 2 10oz ribeye steaks
- 1Tbsp finely ground dark roast coffee
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- Combine all seasoning ingredients in a small bowl. Rub on both sides of steak and refrigerate over night.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat avocado oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sear steaks on both sides, about three minutes on each side.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and cook until medium-rare, about 7 minutes.