Welcome Intimacy (s)Expert, Susan Bratton to the Whole View! This week, Stacy and Susan discuss sexual health and wellness, the importance of communication, and resources for listeners to take their self care to the next level!
If you enjoy the show, please leave a review. Letting people know on iTunes or however you listen that it’s worth their time could change someone’s life!
- Susan Bratton is known as the “Intimacy Expert to Millions” and is co-founder and CEO of two corporations, including a manufacturer of organic and botanical supplements that enhance sexual vitality.
- Furthermore, she is a best-selling author and publisher of 44 books and programs and teaches passionate lovemaking techniques, bedroom communication, and sexual health and wellness.
- Susan takes a lionhearted stand for our human right to pleasurable connection. She has a willingness to get nerdy about science/anatomy and very detailed about sex skills so everyone can learn to achieve the pleasure they deserve.
- Susan has also been featured in the New York Times and on CNBC and the TODAY show; and she makes frequent appearances on ABC, CBS, The CW, Fox and NBC.
Sexual Health & Wellness
- Many people come from a history of not having had conversations and educations about sexuality and sex. One thing that can make sexuality better is learning about it, especially understanding our sexual anatomy and understanding the differences of XY-chromosome and XX-chromosome bodies (which is a different topic than gender spectrum).
- Susan encourages what she calls he Platinum Rule (vs. the Golden Rule), which is “treating your partner the way they want to be treated and having them treat you the way you want to be treated behind closed doors”.
- Estrogen is the molecule of “protection”. It help keeps us safe and also can make us judgmental. Additionally, bioidential hormone replacement can biohack sexual longevity for those who are able and desire to take them.
- As we age, our genital health breaks down. We lose blood flow and sensenation, experience shrinkage, lose pubic musculature, and more. However, there are anti-aging solutions in sexual regenerative therapies and treatments to help improve our health.
- The vaginal muscosal lining is absorbative so using non-toxic options in that area are important. Susan discusses:
- Lubricants, specificly organic oils ike sweet almond, refined avocado, jojoba
- Menstrual cups and period panties
- Non-medicated birth control options like the “fertility awareness method” and copper IUDs
- Some other overall health benefits of sex include:
- Counts as exercise
- Improves immune function
- Lowers blood pressure
- Can improve pelvic floor health for women and also prostate health in men
- Can lower risk of heart attack
- Orgasms can block pain
- Decreases depression and anxiety
- Improves sleep
- Eases stress and can boost self-esteem & happiness
- Sex means more than intercourse. There’s always something more.
Want More? Have Questions?
Want more? Come join the Patreon community! You can support The Whole View podcast and hear what Stacy and her guests really think about the topic in this week’s exclusive and uncensored behind-the-scenes bonus audio. Also, we love connecting with our Patrons! It’s a direct line to submit your questions for upcoming shows. You also get access to some additional cool features like Q&As, voting on show topics and guests, and an exclusive commercial-free episode.
Studies, References & Products
- 10 Surprising Health Benefits of Sex, WebMD
- The Benefits of a Healthy Sex Life, OHSU Center for Women’s Health
- Is Sex Good for Your Health? A National Study on Partnered Sexuality and Cardiovascular Risk Among Older Men and Women, Journal of Health and Social Behavior
- A new sexual revolution for orgasm equality, Dr Laurie Mintz at TEDxUF
- Sex Life Bucket List
- Sexual Soulmate Pact
- Knix period underwear
- Lunette menstrual cup
- Shopify.com/wholeview | Get a one-dollar-per-month trial period
- ButcherBox.com/WHOLEVIEW | Use code WHOLEVIEW to get a 100% grass-fed chuck roast and a whole organic chicken FREE plus an additional $20 off your first box
- Justthrivehealth.com/discount/thewholeview | Use promo code THEWHOLEVIEW to save 15% sitewide
Want more info on our Real Life? Healthy recipes, parenting tips, and general lifestyle stuff goes out in our Real Everything newsletter, join here.
Never want to miss a post, sale, or deal? Join my Healthy Inside & Out e-mail list for more info on non-toxic living and safer skincare!
Note: Stacy and her guests are not medical professionals. This podcast is for general educational purposes and NOT intended to diagnose, advise, or treat any physical or mental illness. We always recommend you consult a licensed service provider.