Welcome Sonia Jhas to the Whole View! This week, Stacy and Sonia discuss evaluating our mindset, questioning our motivations, and tips for figuring out what’s really important to us.
If you enjoy the show, please leave a review. Letting people know on iTunes or however you listen that it’s worth their time could change someone’s life!
- Award-winning Mindset and Wellness Expert, Sonia Jhas, is no stranger to adversity. As the cross cultural child of immigrants, she struggled with identity, purpose, body image, and all the negative self-talk that comes from not being misaligned with one’s values.
- Sonia knew instinctively that she deserved better and so, she gave up her skyrocketing corporate career and began searching for a new path that resonated with her core.Eventually, she transformed her life through deep analysis, education, determination and willpower. As a wife and mother of two, Sonia’s clients resonate with her journey and have made her into the unstoppable force in health and wellness she is today.
- Sonia lives in Toronto with her family and her first book, I’ll Start Again Tomorrow: And Other Lies I’ve Told Myself comes out on February 28, 2023.
- She has accumulated an impressive 80+ million media impressions and continues to spread inspiration all over the globe including appearances on Breakfast Television, Global News, CHCH-TV and more.
Lies We Tell Ourselves
If you keep falling off the wagon, it’s time to find a different mode of transportation. -Sonia Jhas
- Sonia asked herself “What else can I chase out there that’s going to give me the feeling of being enough, of feeling good in my own skin?” When she had no clear next step, she turned to evaluating her relationship with her body.
- It’s easy to get caught up in tactics instead of really figuring out our motivations and our whys. It’s that time of year when we’re re-evaluating any New Years’ “resolutions” we made. So it’s okay to ask “What was that? Why did I say I wanted that or that I thought I was going to do it?”
- Sonia and Stacy both classify themselves as “master self-manipulators”. It’s a journey then filled with compassion and empathy and self-recognition with the ability to course correct and pivot along the way because we’re not robots.
- Sonia says having less perfectionist expectations of herself made her have more reasonable expectations of others.
- Get to know yourself. Find your version of truth-telling with yourself, whether audio notes, therapy, journaling, authentic and vulnerable conversations with friends.
- Take some time to explore what’s there and how you’re feeling. Even just a few minutes a day, head to toe, taking intention to connect mind and body.
- Showing up for you is also showing up for others in your life. So connect and respond to yourself in even the smallest of ways, you know what you need.
- Find an accountability partner to share with.
- Capture and celebrate your successes throughout the day.
Want More? Have Questions?
Want more? Come join the Patreon community! You can support The Whole View podcast and hear what Stacy and her guests really think about the topic in this week’s exclusive and uncensored behind-the-scenes bonus audio. Also, we love connecting with our Patrons! It’s a direct line to submit your questions for upcoming shows. You also get access to some additional cool features like Q&As, voting on show topics and guests, and an exclusive commercial-free episode.
Studies, References & Products
- I’ll Start Again Tomorrow: And Other Lies I’ve Told Myself by Sonia Jhas (releases 2/28/2023)
- Sonia’s TedX talk, “Where do the happy people live?”
- Factormeals.com/wholeview50 | Use code WHOLEVIEW50 to get 50% off your first box
Want more info on our Real Life? Healthy recipes, parenting tips, and general lifestyle stuff goes out in our Real Everything newsletter, join here.
Never want to miss a post, sale, or deal? Join my Healthy Inside & Out e-mail list for more info on non-toxic living and safer skincare!
Note: Stacy and her guests are not medical professionals. This podcast is for general educational purposes and NOT intended to diagnose, advise, or treat any physical or mental illness. We always recommend you consult a licensed service provider.