Welcome Cassy Joy Garcia of Fed and Fit to the Whole View! This week, Stacy and Cassy discuss nourishing your body and ditching diet dogma. They recap 10 years of friendship within the health and wellness space and the evolution of Cassy’s business, from small-time blogger to New York Times Bestselling Author!
If you enjoy the show, please leave a review. Letting people know on iTunes or however you listen that it’s worth their time could change someone’s life!
- Today’s guest is a licensed provider, though not providing you direct advice, Cassy from fedandfit.com!
- For those that haven’t heard past shows, Cassy guest hosted on the podcast in 2019. But even before then, Stacy reviewed her first cookbook in 2016, which was before Cassy was a New York Times Bestseller!
- Cassy always dreamed of turning her blog into an online editorial and safe spot or soft landing in the wellness world. There’s so much information out there and so many “shoulds.” Cassy always had a dream of creating that online space by way of recipes, wellness articles, nourishing your body, and healthy homes that were inviting.
- Years ago, Cassy felt like she was on an island in this wellness world. It resonated so deeply with her that Stacy was openly talking about it and encouraging women to focus on what their bodies need to focus on at that moment, which for Cassy was navigating a pregnancy.
Nourishing Your Body
- Opening up online opened Cassy’s eyes to also wanting to be a better person. People need to see you being open and vulnerable from a broader perspective. It allows your business to grow and connect, and it also resonates within our personal lives.
- Cassy recently heard someone say that anti-diet is the new fad diet. And that’s definitely seeing a push right now, especially with people gaining weight in the pandemic. The focus is on letting go of the idea that dieting is good for you and making lifestyle and behavioral choices in your own best interest instead.
- In college, Cassy was not in great head space and had a rampant eating disorder. She graduated in 2008, and she remembers always feeling tired, stressed out, not good enough, and essentially going through all the diets she could.
- But she would go home to visit her family, especially her mom. And Cassy would surround herself with these people who loved her and poured great things into her.
- When she’d return to school, she noticed the positive impact it had on her, physically and emotionally. And that’s how the concept of nourishing your body became the inspiration behind Fed and Fit.
- Pursuing health should add to your life, not take away from it. You should be able to feel your best and still have time to spend with your family, pursue your passions, or even just take a bubble bath! So, you won’t find us suggesting restrictive diets, asking you to spend hours in the kitchen, or recommending that you sacrifice sleep in pursuit of a rigorous workout routine.
- One size does not fit all. Our goal is to help you figure out what works best for YOUR body and focus on nourishing your body, not what conforms to a yes-or-no foods list. That’s why you’ll find an easy-to-use recipe key all over the site to help you find the best recipes!
- Knowledge is power. There has never been a time when so much information on health and wellness is at our fingertips. While this is incredible, it can also feel totally overwhelming. Our goal is to help you sort through all of the information and find out what works best for YOU.
- Mindset is key. For a reason, mindset was pillar #1 (of 4) in the Fed & Fit Book! Mindset is key to success in any area of life, even nutrition and fitness. We strive to ensure that every piece of content we write contributes to a healthy, balanced mindset.
Want More? Have Questions?
Want more? Come join the Patreon community! You can support The Whole View podcast and hear what Stacy and her guests really think about the topic in this week’s exclusive and uncensored behind-the-scenes bonus audio. We love connecting with our Patrons! It’s a direct line to submit your questions for upcoming shows. You also get access to some additional cool features like Q&As, voting on show topics and guests, and a quarterly exclusive commercial-free episode.
Products & Sponsors
- Save 15% sitewide with promo code: THEWHOLEVIEW
- 30% off with code: CLEANFORALL30
Want more info on our Real Life? Healthy recipes, parenting tips, and general lifestyle stuff goes out in our Real Everything newsletter, join here.
Never want to miss a post, sale, or deal? Join my Healthy Inside & Out e-mail list for more info on non-toxic living and safer skincare!
Note: Stacy and her guests are not medical professionals. This podcast is for general educational purposes and NOT intended to diagnose, advise, or treat any physical or mental illness. We always recommend you consult a licensed service provider.