Welcome Haley Stayley to the Whole View! This week, Stacy and Haley discuss Haley’s story and experiences with Fertility, IVF and Anxiety in family planning. Hayley shares how her combination of lifestyle, therapy, and modern medicine allowed her to get her severe anxiety and panic attacked under control, and what role that played in her motherhood journey.
If you enjoy the show, please leave a review. Letting people know on iTunes or however you listen that it’s worth their time could change someone’s life!
- Hayley is the creative force behind Primal Palate and has been interested in cooking for as long as she can remember. She has been a Paleo follower for over a decade and reimagines recipes as healthier versions of traditional preparations.
- She’s struggled with anxiety and panic disorders for decades, taking many lifestyle, medical, and dietary changes to comfortably manage. As a result, she’s expanded her quest for health to explore mental health, better beauty, and raising a family.
- When she’s not creating delicious recipes for Primal Palate or raising her daughter, Isla, she enjoys home renovation projects, gardening, and spending time with family.
Fertility, IVF and Anxiety
- Stacy always feels uncomfortable talking about how her family started – by accident – because she knows how hard it is for so many. Plus, as a foster/adoptive mom, Stacy recognizes how many more definitions of motherhood there are. From her conversation with Hayley, she could tell that they all were on a path to add to her family, and she loved the journey.
- “I had gone from just having anxiety, to having anxiety plus severe hypochondria because I had been diagnosed with so many illnesses. I didn’t feel safe in my own body, and the only way I felt remotely comfortable was at home with Bill or my mom. Anything else stressed my body out so severely that I just couldn’t function, and I hated for anyone to see me like that, so I just avoided everyone.” [Quote from Haley]
- Hayley and her husband had unexplained fertility issues, meaning there was no reason the doctors could find that explained their trouble getting pregnant. They tried everything the doctors recommended to try and get pregnant naturally and eventually turned to IVF.
- She took a whole-health approach, using both modern medicine and lifestyle changes to treat her anxiety. Hayley sought treatment for her TMJ to get her diet and adrenals under control. She started a new medication and started seeing a midwife. Within a year, her hormone levels were testing normal. She and her husband look into options for fertility and starting a family.
- Finally, Hayley discusses the emotional toll of getting and being pregnant.
Want More? Have Questions?
Want more? Come join the Patreon community! You can support The Whole View podcast and hear what Stacy and her guests really think about the topic in this week’s exclusive and uncensored behind-the-scenes bonus audio. We love connecting with our Patrons! It’s a direct line to submit your questions for upcoming shows, plus you also get access to some additional cool features like Q&As, voting on show topics and guests, as well as a quarterly exclusive commercial-free episode.
Products & Sponsors
- How to Stay Emotionally Grounded Through IVF Part 1
- How to Stay Emotionally Grounded Through IVF Part 2
- Oh My Gosh We’re Having Another Baby
- My Life is a Detox
- How I Recovered from 3 Years of Debilitating Anxiety
Want more info on our Real Life? Healthy recipes, parenting tips, and general lifestyle stuff goes out in our Real Everything newsletter, join here.
Never want to miss a post, sale, or deal? Join my Healthy Inside & Out e-mail list for more info on non-toxic living and safer skincare!
Note: Stacy and her guests are not medical professionals. This podcast is for general educational purposes and NOT intended to diagnose, advise, or treat any physical or mental illness. We always recommend you consult a licensed service provider.