She is backkkkkkkkk….
Remember that awesome blogger who came and blew our minds in early December with her PERFECT PALEO BLACK & WHITE COOKIES, with New York status to them?! Well she is back – and with one insanely dreamy looking curry dish!
As we have said before, we are never surprised to see such delicious creations come out of Chelsea’s corner, but man does she have a way of making us majorly hungry with her food photography!
The recipe below for Curry Chicken is Whole30 compliant, sugar free, and will completely satisfy those takeout cravings. Enjoy this awesome recipe share and be sure to check out her site here for even more incredible recipes!
If you are looking for a super healthy dish that the whole family will die for, this is it. This dish is beyond T-A-S-T-Y! It is filled with bursts of flavors that blend so well together. It’s loaded with superfood spices and don’t you just love the pop of color? This dish is so easy- you just throw everything into a casserole dish, top with spices and lemon and TA-DA!
I know that I get in the mood for exotic food quite often, especially in the winter. It has all the taste to win over anyone who claims they don’t like curry! Curry has some major health benefits like detoxing, anti inflammatory properties and pain relief, cholesterol management and many many more.
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cleaned
- 1 tbsp Pure Indian Foods Turmeric Super Ghee or regular ghee
- 1 large onion, julienne
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 10-15 honey gold potatoes, halved
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- Combine ginger, turmeric, curry powder, salt, black pepper, paprika, cinnamon and lemon zest in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Prepare vegetables and place in an oven safe casserole dish.
- Heat 1 tsp of Pure Indian Foods Turmeric Super Ghee in a frying pan, do not dispose of left over ghee.
- Once hot, brown chicken on both sides. Once browned, place the chicken on top of prepared vegetables. Cover generously with spice mixture so that every thing is covered. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over everything, place the rest of the lemon rind in casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, uncover and broil at 550 degrees for about 10 minutes or until everything is browned, checking every 2 min and stirring.
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]http://paleoparents.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Lifestyle-39-of-344-Edit.jpg[/author_image] [author_info]Chelsea Gold aka The Paleo Cavewoman is the creator and owner of www.thepaleocavewoman.com. She is a college student and was recently accepted to continue her education to become a Registered Dietitian. She is a self proclaimed foodie, photographer and lover of all things health and fitness. She discovered Paleo over year ago and never looked back. She transformed from 200+ pounds to a healthy weight. Connect with Chelsea: Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter[/author_info] [/author]