It’s that time of year when everyone is talking about the best way to make and keep New Year’s resolutions; but what if the answer is not making them at all? Holistic Health Practitioner Tiffany Cagwin joins Stacy to chat about tweaking your habits for simple wins, demystifying hypnotherapy, and why “one step at a time” is often the fastest way to reaching your goals.
If you enjoy the show, please leave a review. Letting people know on iTunes or however you listen that it’s worth their time could change someone’s life!
- Tiffany is currently Certified FDN-P, Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner and Yoga Teacher and an experienced executive leader and transformational coach.
- As a former Human Resources professional, she also observed behind-the-scenes operations and patterns among the employees she worked with, which, along with personal health and wellness challenges, guided her to the work she does now.
- She is constantly expanding her education and has received additional training in topics I’m excited to explore today: Nutrigenomics (DNA Testing), Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA), Bioenergetics, Hypnotherapy (Board Certified), Quantum Biology and Biophysics.
Tweaking your Habits to Boost Your Health
- First and foremost, there is not one path to healing! Tiffany wants to meet people where they’re a, because everybody’s lifestyle is very different and what’s realistic for one person is not for the other.
- Tiffany says she is always looking for the ways to help somebody make the biggest impact, the fastest and the most sustainable. So that they can feel better and be encouraged.
- It’s so important to give ourselves grace, because we’re our own biggest critics!
- In addition to DNA testing and HTMA (hair tissue mineral analysis), Tiffany also is a big proponent of hypnotherapy. Stacy says she sees the benefit analyzing toxin exposures from bodily tissue. But, as a science nerd, always thought hypnotherapy was woo0woo weirdness. However, Stacy admits the more she learns about the brain and how much we do or do not process pains and traumas effect our physical health, the more curious she is in areas that cross-over to help, especially in areas of chronic health conditions we know are tied to stress.
- Tiffany says hypnotherapy is really just deep relaxation and whether you’re talking about neural reprograming or other concepts, meditation, repatterning, it’s just different words for the same thing. works different for different people.
- Hypnotherapy is just getting your brain the deeper relaxed brainwaves so they can send signals to the bodies so they aren’t being interfered with, removing the critical faculties of the conscious mind. It’s just one tool. In fact, watching TV, driving, watching a fan, anything you do to stop the conscious mind can put you in that state.
- Disconnect from all the noise. You CAN opt-out of the resolution, change everything on January 1 dynamic. It’s a choice.
- The habits that are going to make the biggest impact in the long run are the ones that are easiest to do because they don’t feel like a big deal – go to bed an hour earlier. Almost feels like nothing is happening.
- So pick one thing and find quick wins to keep you motivated. When you’re doing one thing at a time it’s easier to celebrate your accomplishments!
Studies, References & Products
- The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
- Think Like a Monk: Train Your Mind for Peace and Purpose Every Day by Jay Shetty
- EveryPlate.com/podcast | Use code 49WHOLEVIEW for just $1.49 per meal PLUS $1 steaks for life
- LumeDeodorant.com | Use code WHOLEVIEW for $5 off your first Starter Pack
- Beautycounter.com/StacyToth | Winter Sale is on through 12/31, go to Realeverything.com/December for special listener deals
Want more info on our Real Life? Healthy recipes, parenting tips, and general lifestyle stuff goes out in our Real Everything newsletter, join here.
So never want to miss a post, sale, or deal? Join my Healthy Inside & Out e-mail list for more info on non-toxic living and safer skincare!