Welcome Christina Glickman to the Whole View! This week, Stacy and Christina discuss the power of no and how to better prioritize your life to bring a vision to life. They dive deep into emotional validation, giving yourself permission to take those big risks and exploring why we do what we do. Hear Christina’s powerful message on reclaiming your voice and get inspired to intentionally show up for yourself every day.
- YouTube TEDx
- Podcast: XTRA: Life & Style Unscripted
- Book: Xtra: The Art of Being
- Community Membership & Coaching: Xtra Love Army
If you enjoy the show, please leave a review. Letting people know on iTunes or however you listen that it’s worth their time could change someone’s life!
- Christina Glickman is an industry disruptor, entrepreneur, and author. She is a mother of four, author of the best-selling book “Xtra: The Art of Being” and founder of the women’s movement, The Xtra Love Army.
- Stacy first met Christina in Washington DC at a March Forth advocacy event. She knew nothing of her but was instantly drawn to her unapologetic style.
- Her TEDxTalk on what we as a society must do to repair the damage done to women in the workforce by the Covid-19 pandemic is indicative of a much broader mindset: she is a champion of women. She works with women around the country, dedicated to helping them walk through life with unapologetic confidence.
- Her powerful message on reclaiming your voice inspires women to intentionally show up for themselves every day. Based in Chicago, IL, Christina is a fashion addict and entrepreneur. Most days, you can find her working hard with her family right next to her – exactly how she likes it.
The Power of No: Bringing a Vision to Life
- At the end of the day, empowerment starts with us. We can’t try to be anyone other than ourselves because it won’t work. We’re all unique, and we need to explore within and do the hard work.
- If you’re seeking validation from others, you’re always going to run into someone who will not give it to you. And that means you’re not going to feel it.
- Pushing ourselves to do things outside of our comfort zones is key to evolving. We often shut things down before we give ourselves time to fully explore and experience. And the only way to create space for the new is to discover the power of no and abandon the things that no longer serve us.
- Start by looking at your life and seeing what you are doing for the wrong reasons. Really ask yourself what’s important to you and explore what you can do to better serve those interests.
- Sometimes all we need is to feel seen and heard. We know when we’re not being engaged in the way we should, so we need to constantly reevaluate what we’re doing and why we’re doing it. It’s a luxury to be able to pause and reflect and ask, but you don’t need external permission and validation. You can stop and ask yourself.
- Self-empowerment and reflective work.
- “Underwear Gnome Plan”
- The Power of No
- Not to be afraid of admitting to wanting something.
- The importance of emotional validation and reflecting on how and why you feel.
Want More? Have Questions?
Want more? Come join the Patreon community! You can support The Whole View podcast and hear what Stacy and her guests really think about the topic in this week’s exclusive and uncensored behind-the-scenes bonus audio. We love connecting with our Patrons! It’s a direct line to submit your questions for upcoming shows, plus you also get access to some additional cool features like Q&As, voting on show topics and guests, as well as a quarterly exclusive commercial-free episode.
Products & Sponsors
Want more info on our Real Life? Healthy recipes, parenting tips, and general lifestyle stuff goes out in our Real Everything newsletter, join here.
Never want to miss a post, sale, or deal? Join my Healthy Inside & Out e-mail list for more info on non-toxic living and safer skincare!
Note: Stacy and her guests are not medical professionals. This podcast is for general educational purposes and NOT intended to diagnose, advise, or treat any physical or mental illness. We always recommend you consult a licensed service provider.