Dr. Suzanne Lachmann, a respected authority in psychodynamic psychotherapy, gives us insight on resilience, hope, and validating all our experiences as both children and adults. Stacy and Dr. Lachmann discuss collective trauma like war and the impact of current and former events on all of us, especially during the age of the Internet.
Find Dr. Lachmann:
If you enjoy the show, please leave a review. Letting people know on iTunes or however you listen that it’s worth their time could change someone’s life!
- Dr. Lachmann is a New York State licensed clinical psychologist with offices in Manhattan and Westchester, NY. She earned her Doctorate from the Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology at Yeshiva University. Her work has been featured in USA Today, Time, Cosmo, Women’s Health, Men’s Health and elsewhere.
- In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Lachmann is a consulting psychologist working extensively with NYC firefighters, honing her expertise in trauma since the events of 9/11.
War & Collective Trauma
- We are seeing huge surges of Antisemitism and Islamophobia in the US and even more so in the UK. Here in the states, over a 30 day period since Hamas attacked Israel, there was been 315% increase in antisemitic incidents – including assault, vandalism, and harassment. While also showing an “unprecedented surge in bigotry” towards Muslim or anti-arab bias with a 216% surge over the same period last year [source].
Studies, References & Products
- VOA: Why the Gaza War Has Sparked a Wave of Antisemitism and Islamophobia in the US
- NYTimes: Antisemitic and Anti-Muslim Hate Speech Surges Across the Internet
- ABC News: Bias incidents against Muslims, Jews on the rise in US amid Middle East war, new data shows
Want more info on our Real Life? Healthy recipes, parenting tips, and general lifestyle stuff goes out in our Real Everything newsletter, join here.
So never want to miss a post, sale, or deal? Join my Healthy Inside & Out e-mail list for more info on non-toxic living and safer skincare!