Ep. 113: Cindy Sexton
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah are joined by Cindy Sexton, blogger at PALEOdISH and author of the recently released book Paleo Takes 5 or Fewer, for a wonderful discussion on physical and health education in the school system.
Click the picture above to be taken to iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean Player belowDownload this episode (right click and save)
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 113: Cindy Sexton
- Intro (0:00)
- News and Views (0:56)
- Sarah’s Denver signing, complete with a gift from Bos Creek
- The fast approaching Paleo View tour – make sure you RSVP!
- House of Gainz is officially open
- Paleo Parents Tutorial Thursday series, have you seen them? Check out the latest pumpkin one!
- Welcome Cindy Sexton of PALEOdISH
- Recently published a book, Paleo Takes 5 or Fewer
- Introduced to paleo in 2009, got to see Robb Wolf while he was hosting seminars, which led her to do more research on the lifestyle
- What led her to eventually create her blog and later her cookbook
- Cindy’s goal with the book
- Is a full-time physical education teacher
- Health in the School System (27:19)
- How do you both educate and motivate healthy lifestyle and diet choices in your kids
- How to encourage the formation of healthy habits in kids
- Exposing children to as many forms of physical activity as possible – find what suits them and their interests
- Sarah’s exposure to different forms of physical activity as a child and teen
- Stacy’s first exposure to weight training
- The benefits of increasing blood flow to the brain
- Avoiding athletic burnout – giving kids time to imagine, explore, have unstructured play
- The value of regular, frequent breaks, especially for those who are homeschooled
- What Stacy does to teach the boys how to enjoy activities
- How Sarah encourages physical activity with her daughters
- Handling accidental exposures to food intolerances
- Thanks Cindy for coming on The Paleo View!
- Check out her site PALEOdISH and her book Paleo Takes 5 or Fewer
- Don’t forget to register for The Paleo View Book Tour
- If you are in the DC area be sure to head to the Real Life Paleo Release Party
- Preorder Real Life Paleo
- Outro (1:11:41)
Support us by shopping through links on our sidebars, please!