Made with a supercharged blend of exfoliants, the Reflect Effect AHA Smoothing Facial Mask resurfaces the skin in just 10 minutes – while also improving steadily over time. This unique treatment instantly transforms dull, tired skin to a glowing effect. Using both a chemical and physical exfoliator: combination of AHA glycolic/beta hydroxy acids, hydration-boosting saccharide isomerate, and bamboo beads to slough away dead skin cells and reflect your best skin yet.
Bottom line up front:
This mask is epic because it has 3 types of exfoliation – specifically both chemical (AHAs) and physical (bamboo particles).
Want a sample? Enter your e-mail here and I’ll reach out to coordinating getting you one, free.
pin this image to share and remember to follow-up
The easiest, most effective $3 at-home facial
The huge jar contains about 34 uses of the new mask (.075 oz per application at 2.5 ounces). If you used it once a week, it will last 8.5 months! I mean, compared to the at-home HydraFacial I recently crafted, this is a steal!
Are you wondering what AHA stands for, or maybe saying “a-ha” instead of “A-H-A”? Don’t worry, I have you covered on everything you need to know about this must have better beauty skincare product!
What are AHAs?
Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) are plant and animal-derived acids used in a variety of skincare products used for daily anti-aging as well as occasional concentrated treatments, like the Reflect Effect AHA Smoothing Facial Mask. There are seven types of AHAs commonly used in skincare. These include:
- glycolic acid (from sugar cane)
- lactic acid (from lactose or other carbohydrates)
- citric acid (from citrus fruits)
- hydroxycaproic acid (from royal jelly)
- hydroxycaprylic acid (from animals)
- malic acid (from fruits)
- tartaric acid (from grapes)
Research on the uses of all the AHAs available, glycolic and lactic acids are the most effective. They are also less likely to cause irritation, especially when included with hydrating elements – like the Saccharide Isomerate in the mask (more on that below).
What does AHA do?
Through exfoliation, Alpha Hydroxy Acids:
- correct discoloration from scars and age spots
- improve appearance of surface lines and wrinkles
- prevent acne breakouts
- brighten your complexion
- promote collagen and blood flow
- increase product absorption (making other skincare products more effective)
Exfoliation helps remove damaged and worn-out skin cells on the outermost layers, revealing healthier, more vibrant skin beneath. When using the mask you may see your skin flush, especially as you remove it. This is temporary and a positive result of blood rushing to the surface of the skin to increase cellular regeneration – meaning, your skin is healing itself, growing fresh, new healthier skin as the top layer(s) are removed.
What is in the Reflect Effect AHA Smoothing Facial Mask?
The following are all exfoliating elements:
- Phytic Acid – focuses on resurfacing the outer layer of our skin through chemical exfoliation, think of the top layer of your skin gently flaking away. That allows the build-up from the top layer of your skin, from air pollutants to what you put on it, to be sloughed away for immediate results. You can also find Phytic Acid in some of my other favorites – such as the All Bright C Serum, Countercontrol Clear Pore Cleanser, all of Countertime, Countermatch Intense Moisture Serum, Foaming Cleanser and Hydra-Gel Radiance Toner,
- Glycolic Acid – deep penetration to the lower layers of your skin to clean out pores and improve skin tone over time. This provides long-term results, the more consistently you use it, the better the skin will appear. The Overnight Resurfacing Peel also has Glycolic Acid, but in a lower concentration best for long-term results.
- Bamboo particles – the bouncy gel turns into beads that form on the skin as the mask dries. This allows for manual, physical exfoliation to further smooth the top surface of your skin and clear out pores. Bamboo is a perfectly circular particle, which is important to ensure particles do not get stuck in the pores (jojoba is another that does this, in Clear Pore Cleanser).
Soothing Sugar Moisturizer, too
The Reflect Effect AHA Smoothing Facial Mask also contains Saccharide Isomerate, an ultra-hydrating sugar-based moisturizer that combats dryness and soothes skin. The Body Butter in Citrus Mimosa also contains this, and the Sugar Buff Body Polish also has hydrating sugar that is amazing for the body!
The potent blend of physical and chemical exfoliants paired with soothing, hydrating moisturizers makes this mask unlike any other. Use it up to twice a week for supremely soft, smooth skin. This creates balance the exfoliation.
You can make application and removal even easier and mess-free with the exfoliating tool, sold in a bundle with the mask (which will save you grabbing them together).
See the Bundle Here, don’t forget to add Band of Beauty for another 10% credit back
Don’t forget skincare routine after!
While the mask has hydrating elements, it is made to exfoliate skin. After you’ve removed that damaged, dead top layer, the new baby skin underneath needs to be nourished. It is CRITICAL to follow the mask up with a full skincare routine, always: wash, prep (tone), treat (serum), protect (moisturize).
I have a post more on that here.
How to use
Apply to clean, dry skin. Allow to dry until particles become opaque, about 10-20 min. Using facial tool or damp hands, massage into skin, remove with water. Follow with complete 4 step skincare: wash, prep, treat, protect. Best used 1-2x/week for consistent exfoliation to increase cellular turnover. Test patch first for sensitive skin.
Who is the mask best for?
The mask is clinically proven to improve skin texture and tone as well as increase skin radiance. Ideal for: discolored, dull skin with clogged pores – blemish-prone skin, uneven skin tone, signs of aging, scars, UV damage and dark spots. Packed with a powerful blend of exfoliants that work together to achieve, softer, smoother, and more even-looking skin.
All the exfoliating ingredients are fantastic for blemish-prone skin as well as reversing the signs of aging. Great for nearly all skin types, just make sure to follow with a 4-step skincare routine and test patch first if you have sensitive skin.
Bonus: it’s safe and sustainable
I say this is a bonus because in and of itself this mask holds up to performing along other standard skincare that may not prioritize safety. All of Beautycounter’s skincare is tested 8x for safety and efficacy, including against 23 different human health endpoints, to ensure the highest standards on heavy metals, contaminants, or carcinogens in every batch.
And, it’s good for the planet, too – not just you! Not only is the Reflect Effect AHA Smoothing Facial Mask packaged in a recyclable glass jar, ~95% of the plastic in the lid is composed of post-consumer recycled (PCR) resin – so you can feel great about looking good!
If you missed my free Age Rewind better beauty class, I’d be happy to send it to you. Just opt-in here so I can send you a sample of the Reflect Effect AHA Smoothing Facial Mask. Then you can follow along!
You can keep up each week on Instagram and our newsletters.
Never want to miss a post, sale, or deal? Join my Healthy Inside & Out e-mail list for more info on non-toxic living and safer skincare!
Want more info on our Real Life? Healthy recipes, parenting tips, and general lifestyle stuff goes out in our Real Everything newsletter, join here.