Our eighty-third show!
Ep. 83, Liz Wolfe
In this episode Stacy and Sarah are joined by Liz Wolfe, also known as Real Food Liz, author of The Skintervention Guide and Eat the Yolks, co-host of the Balanced Bites podcast, and goat enthusiast. Liz is also known for her simple approach to nutrient-dense eating and sharing her wisdom on the subject with the masses.
Click the picture above to be taken to iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean player below
Download this episode (right click and save)
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 83,
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 0:47 – News & Views
- Yay! This week we are joined by the witty and beautiful Liz Wolfe from Real Food Liz!
- Check out Liz’s previous appearances on the Paleo View here and here
- Liz released The Skintervention Guide (more info here) at the beginning of 2013 and most recently released the incredible book Eat the Yolks (see the Paleo Parents review here)
- You can also find Liz on the Balanced Bites podcast
- Stacy and Liz first met when they went and saw a screening of Farmageddon together
- Some time later Stacy and Liz met up again at a Balanced Bites seminar, and from there Liz’s path within the paleo community has boomed – she has become the nutrient seeker guru that many look up to
- Liz definitely feels like she has come into her own and found her voice and confidence
- Sarah notes that by being true to herself and her beliefs, Liz was able to write a very progressive book that perfectly captured where our science discussion points should be within the paleo community today
- Another huge passion of Liz’s is centered on sustainability and self-sufficiency – Liz and her husband moved out to a farm, purchased animals, and are taking control of where their food comes from – you can see lots of antics from the farm on her Instagram feed
- Liz shared her philosophy on calories versus nutrient density
- Sarah, Stacy and Liz chatted about cricket flour, and products and ingredients that use cricket flour
- Fish head consumption was also covered
- Sarah notes that her food reward system now fires off from nutrient dense foods and how exciting it feels to hit that point in her relationship with food – every signal before was misinterpreted for hunger
- Stacy points out that when clips were pulled for the one year anniversary show it was funny to hear how far their tolerance/enjoyment of the hardcore nutrient dense foods had evolved (i.e. liver, sardines)
- Stacy talked about nutrient density and the most easily digested forms of protein (check out this episode of The Paleo View for more information on this subject), specifically the role that gelatin plays in the diet post workouts and an interesting article that Stupid Easy Paleo posted on the subject
- Sarah shared about her post-workout smoothies and what nutrients she is using for recovery
- Stacy shared her love for pork rinds post workout
- (50:28) Liz’s Elevator Pitch
- Sarah shared Liz’s ‘nutrition in 100 words’ from Eat the Yolks
- Eat the Yolks is about unlearning all the crap that we have been taught about food – it is not a recipe book or a hard look at the science, it is about the history of nutrition and all the BS that happened to make us afraid of real food
- Stacy, Sarah and Liz talked about their work within the community, time management, and top areas of interest
- Sarah’s consulting company recently launched!
- The wait list is first come first serve, so be sure to sign up if you are interested
- Stacy is in the final stage of Stongman prep, which will take place this weekend (3/22) – SEND STACY YOUR LOVE ON SATURDAY!
- Thank you so much to Liz for joining this week’s show and for all that you are doing for the community!
- Be sure to check out the Eat the Yolks preview for more information on her latest book release
- 1:12:34 – Outro