Welcome back Jennifer Robins to The Whole View! This week, Stacy talks to Jennifer about her experience with aesthetic plastic surgery and other cosmetic procedures. They dive into how these can fit into healthy living, the privilege of aging, and making informed choices for yourself without guilt and shame.
If you enjoy the show, please leave a review. Letting people know on iTunes or however you listen that it’s worth their time could change someone’s life!
- Jennifer of Predominantly Paleo is no newbie to the show. She is Stacy’s personal mentor, friend, and guru on numerous health-related topics.
- She was on earlier this season to discuss Dynamic Neutral Retraining System (DNRS). With DNRS, Stacy has seen a close friend be able to open up her life in new and wonderful ways, from flying for the first time in years to going to the dentist and doctor visits after years of avoiding them.
- Jennifer was also on the show to discuss Medical Trauma. She has received over 20 different diagnoses from a variety of healthcare specialists. But ultimately, between food choices, pregnancies, and life stresses, her body finally gave up; however, she found strength where her body found weakness.
Cosmetic Plastic Surgery & Other Procedures
You can’t surgery yourself to self love. – Jennifer Robins
- In this special episode, Stacy visits Jennifer in Florida, and they recorded their conversation about aesthetic procedures.
- Everybody has a thing or multiple things that they do every day that help them feel their best.
- Jennifer talks about having breast implant surgery at 24. Because of concerns about an autoimmune disease, she then had an explant in 2009 to eliminate anything that could be causing any issues.
- After putting in a lot of work into improving her mental and physical health, and, after a ton of research, Jennifer decided to engage with other aesthetic procedures. Some of these include Xeomin, fillers, and laser treatments for sun damage. Stacy and Jen also talk about PRP & Microneedling, Botox, thread lifts, etc.
- Jennifer says that if she can do things safely that also feel good aesthetically and emotionally, it’s a liberating feeling choice, allowing her to proceed with self love and compassion.
- Ultimately, aging is a privilege. If you’re going to engage with any cosmetic surgery or procedures, do this for yourself. Do it in a way that feels safe and comfortable. Have no guilt and no shame.
So you want more? Come join the Patreon community! You can support The Whole View podcast and hear what Stacy and her guests really think about the topic in this week’s exclusive and uncensored behind-the-scenes bonus audio. Also, we love connecting with our Patrons! It’s a direct line to submit your questions for upcoming shows. You also get access to some additional cool features like Q&As, voting on show topics and guests, and an exclusive commercial-free episode.
Studies, References & Products
- The Paleo View, Episode 349: Must Know Botox Info
- The Whole View Season 3 Ep 24: Toxic Beauty Standards w/ Ky Washington
- The Whole View Season 3 Ep 37: Resilience and Healing From Medical Trauma and Ep 02: How Lifestyle Helps and Hurts w/ Jennifer Robins
Want more info on our Real Life? Healthy recipes, parenting tips, and general lifestyle stuff goes out in our Real Everything newsletter, join here.
Never want to miss a post, sale, or deal? Join my Healthy Inside & Out e-mail list for more info on non-toxic living and safer skincare!
Note: Stacy and her guests are not medical professionals. This podcast is for general educational purposes and NOT intended to diagnose, advise, or treat any physical or mental illness. We always recommend you consult a licensed service provider.