Welcome Just Thrive Probiotics Co-Founder Tina Anderson to The Whole View! This week, Stacy reviews the highlights from her article in which she takes a deep dive into the claims about lead and heavy metals in chocolate, and she talks to Tina about the role of probiotics in detox and the difference between spore-based and soil-based probiotics.
Find more on Just Thrive:
You can use code WHOLEVIEW for 15% off at Just Thrive Probiotic
If you enjoy the show, please leave a review. Letting people know on iTunes or however you listen that it’s worth their time could change someone’s life!
- Tina’s journey into the world of health had a unique start and some unusual turns. She began her career as a trial lawyer who specialized in settling cases by bringing both sides together, a personal passion of hers.
- Once her second child arrived, Tina left that high-stress job behind so she could focus on her family. Luckily, she was still able to use her considerable legal skills to point her career in a new direction as the in-house counsel for a family pharmaceutical company.
- Frustrated by the many abuses in the pharmaceutical industry, Tina turned toward the field of natural health, and found her life’s work. She channeled her energy into learning all she could about disease prevention and good health maintenance. So that led her to discover the importance of gut health and how connected and crucial it is for overall health and wellness.
- To share her discovery with the world, Tina along with her husband created a unique supplement that contains the superior probiotic strains of renowned researcher Dr. Simon Cutting. By promoting gut health and probiotics, Tina shares her passion for wellness, helping others live their best physical and emotional lives.
Heavy Metals in Chocolate
- Stacy talks to Matt about some of the highlights of her highly researched article, Should I Stop Eating Dark Chocolate Because of Lead and Heavy Metals?
- Furthermore, she gives five reasons she is not quiting dark chocolate:
- There are health beneficial nutrients in chocolate
- Magnesium in chocolate naturally detoxes the body
- The bioavailabiltiy of metals in choclate is very low
- She takes probiotics (Just Thrive Probiotics is her go-to!)
- The amount of heavy metals found is well under FDA limits
- Stacy and Matt talk about some of the chocolate they may choose to avoid.
- Overall, most people will be able to process what they consume through their body’s natural detox process.
Detox & Just Thrive Probiotics
- The strains in Just Thrive’s Probiotics were meant to be consumed on a daily basis to support our body’s detox system.
- Tina says the definition of a probiotic is to arrive alive in the intestines and to deliver a benefit to the host.
- Soil-based probiotic strains are actually alive in the soil and spore-based probiotic strains, like the ones in Just Thrive Probiotics, are dormant in the soil. Spore-based probtiotics “go live” when they hit your intestines.
- Tina likens Just Thrive’s spore-based bacilli formulation to “gardeners” of the gut. They help get rid of the “weeds” or the overgrowth of pathogenic bacteria and “planting” to bring back in good lactic acid bacteria and help them flourish.
- She suggests starting slowly, as it’s a potent probiotic and you may have “die off” reaction from pathogenic bacteria. You can even open the capsule and mix a portion with food, but eventually titrating up to one capsule a day.
So you want more? Come join the Patreon community! You can support The Whole View podcast and hear what Stacy and her guests really think about the topic in this week’s exclusive and uncensored behind-the-scenes bonus audio. Also, we love connecting with our Patrons! It’s a direct line to submit your questions for upcoming shows. You also get access to some additional cool features like Q&As, voting on show topics and guests, and an exclusive commercial-free episode.
Studies, References & Products
- Realeverything.com: Should I Stop Eating Dark Chocolate Because of Lead and Heavy Metals?
- Justthrivehealth.com: Groundbreaking Study Addressing Leaky Gut with the Strains Used in Just Thrive Probiotic & Antioxidant
- Justthrivehealth.com: 13 Signs That You’re Over-Toxed (and Need to Detox!)
- Just Thrive Probiotic
- Headspace.com/WHOLEVIEW | Try Headspace free for 30 days
- Vegamour.com/WHOLEVIEW | Use code WHOLEVIEW for 20% off your first order
Want more info on our Real Life? Healthy recipes, parenting tips, and general lifestyle stuff goes out in our Real Everything newsletter, join here.
Never want to miss a post, sale, or deal? Join my Healthy Inside & Out e-mail list for more info on non-toxic living and safer skincare!
Note: Stacy and her guests are not medical professionals. This podcast is for general educational purposes and NOT intended to diagnose, advise, or treat any physical or mental illness. We always recommend you consult a licensed service provider.