Welcome to Strong Woman Radio, a sanctuary free of testosterone (except for a few special guests), where ladies who like to lift heavy things can chitchat about the struggles and success that comes with being a woman in a male dominated sport. We welcome listeners of all sports, be it strongman, Crossfit, olympic lifting or more; but be warned we don’t like running very much unless we are carrying or dragging something heavy while we do it.
DON’T FORGET TO download, subscribe to and listen to the previous episodes! And as you get familiar with the show, leave those reviews and ratings in iTunes, and send us your questions and comments via the comment form, which can be found here.
Enjoy the show and lift on ladies!
- Intro (0:00)
- Latest & Greatest (1:14)
- Back this week for episode 15, and brace yourself for episode 16 with a very big guest
- Welcome to this week’s guests Nicole and Megan
- A bit on how all these ladies know each other
- This week’s show will be about new year’s goals and how to refine and focus them a bit as we head into February
- How Nicole and Megan’s goals have changed since they started strength training
- It is OK to feed your squats!
- What can happen when you get too restrictive
- You can’t have the goal to both lose weight and get stronger, and successfully obtain both of those goals
- Stacy wrapping up Smolov and thinking ahead to her next competition
- Long term goals – work towards it, be patient, make good choices
- Athleta is where the strong women shop
- Moment to soap box
- Be a leader as a strength training woman, it is ok to be strong and to eat
- Thanks Nicole and Megan for coming on this week and sharing you stories and tips!
- Outro (42:28)