We do everything we can to live Pride every single day of the year, and that only makes this month even more special! So as we’re reaching the middle of Pride Month, I’d like to once more wish everyone celebrating Happy Pride! Here’s how we have focused the month so far:
Being A Better Ally
As the mom of a non-binary tran child, I work everyday to be the best ally I can possibly be. And that means constant education.
My Tips For Allyship:
- Educate yourself and don’t stop educating yourself.
- Own your privilege and recognize the advantages, opportunities, and resources you automatically get.
- Accept that you won’t always have the same experiences as other people and that is okay!
- See something, say something! Don’t wait for a marginalized groups to react to speak up.
- Accept that you might not always know best and be willing to accept feedback when given (Lizzo just gave a fantastic example of that this week).
Us at this year’s Capitol Pride Festival
- TWV S3E1: The Perils of Perfectionism with Jeffrey Marsh
- TWV S3E11: Thinking Outside The Binary with Ace Schwarz
- S2 TWV 494: Supporting Teenagers
- Ace Schwarz (they/them)
- Jeffrey Marsh (they/them)
- Plantqween 🌱 (they/she/he)
- Elliot Page (he/they)
- Gigi Gorgeous Getty (she/her)
- tika the iggy (she/her)
- Rain Dove
- Jess Bird (she/they)
- Lisa Congdon (she/her/hers)
You can keep up each week on Instagram and our newsletters.
Want more info on our Real Life? Healthy recipes, parenting tips, and general lifestyle stuff goes out in our Real Everything newsletter, join here.
Never want to miss a post, sale, or deal? Join my Healthy Inside & Out e-mail list for more info on non-toxic living and safer skincare!