Today we’d like to introduce you to Leanne of the blog healthfulpursuit.com! Leanne creates some awesome real-food, paleo recipes, as well as a whole host of eBooks. This past December, our team reviewed her Christmas Dessert Freedom Cookbook and shared her awesomely simple recipe for AIP Shortbread to rave reviews! She has recently launched her newest eBook, Purely Pops, and today she is here to tell you a little bit about it and share a recipe with you for Dairy-Free Ice Cream Bars!
Hi Everyone! Leanne here – the Holistic Nutritionist, allergy free food blogger + recipe artist behind HealthfulPursuit.com. I want to live in a world where every woman loves her body, food allergies are celebrated and the word “restriction” isn’t in the dictionary.
When you eat healthy, you feel better. It’s science. Eating healthy doesn’t have to mean restricting and feeling like you’re missing out life and joyous good times.
Healthy can be popsicles. Healthy can be ice cream. It’s all in the (paleo!) ingredients. The more we feel restricted, the more likely we are to experience those “screw everything I want a chocolate bar” moments.
With fun, healthy summer treats we can look forward to:
- Less mindless snacking because you’re eating high-nutrient, low-calorie food that will actually keep you full.
- More glow increased greens, nuts, fresh fruits +veggies will boost your nutrients giving you a glowing complexion, perfect for summer!
- Increased happy times – You’ll feel good about treating yourself to a chocolate-dipped ice cream on a stick. And you’ll be happier because of it.
- Less grocery splurges – Purchasing a 4-pack of organic popsicles from the health food store won’t be your reality.
My new Purely Pops Cookbook uses (easy-to-find) real ingredients, and simple instruction to deliver health in the form of a popsicle. Make 1 of the 45 no-bake, paleo recipes and look forward to all of these 4 things. All you have to do is get the book, make the pops and bask in the sun.
It’s one small step to re-energize your health AND have a good summer.
Here’s one of my favorite recipes from the book…
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 1/4 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 6 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon coconut nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- Add cream base ingredients to the jug of your blender. Blend on high for 1 minute.
- Divide cream base between the ice pop molds, filling all the way up to thefill line. Cover with ice pop tops and transfer to the freezer to chillfor 8 hours.
- Once frozen, line a clean plate with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine cacao powder, coconut oil, coconut nectar, vanilla and sea salt in a small bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Remove ice pops, one at a time from the ice pop mold. Working quickly,hold the ice pop over a clean bowl and pour the prepared chocolate sauce over the ice pop, rotating it and allow the chocolate to pour off of the ice pop quickly. The chocolate will harden very quickly.
- Transfer the ice pop to prepared plate and place in the freezer. Repeat with remaining chocolate until all ice pops are complete.
Chocolate: I do not recommend using store-bought chocolate for this recipe. Coconut Oil: coconut oil is used in this recipe because it hardens at room temperature. Cacao butter could also be used. Nut Allergy: use the 1 of 4 nut-free cream base recipes in my Purely Pops Cookbook
Purely Pops; as with all of my other books and products, is one more platform I have created to share my approach to happy, healthy, allergen-free living. Whether you have food sensitivities, are looking to obtain a healthy weight, or you’re interested in feeding your family with pure, whole foods-based, unprocessed gunk, I hope Purely Pops will bring you and yours endless, happy summer days.
Connect with Leanne!
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]http://paleoparents.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/leanne_vogel_headshot.jpg[/author_image] [author_info] Leanne’s popular blog, Healthful Pursuit, is a unique collection of motivational guidance and easy-to-make recipes for women who want to celebrate a liberated life on a restricted diet.
Create the life you’ve been dying to live, liberate your eating style and join a community of thousands of women on the same path at healthfulpursuit.com. Connect with Leanne on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. [/author_info] [/author]