How to give yourself an at Home HydraFacial with cleaner, safer, better beauty products. Save time, money, and your health!
I recently had my first HydroFacial and am surprised to say: I see just as good results at home. In fact my esthetician said I had great skin before the facial and not much was “pulled” from my pores! After a lifetime of acne and skin inflammation – that felt great to hear!
How’d I change my skin? From once dull, uneven tone, blemished with large pores to glowing, radiant skin? Well, consistency, the right skincare for me, and a one-time investment around the same cost as a hydrafacial, but will get similar results at home for a long time!
these were taken about a year apart
I am often asked if I derma-plane: no. As someone with rosacea and sensitive skin, and with skin that’s prone to enlarged and clogged pores, I find PMD a more effective, gentle solution to my needs. Plus, when done with the right motions, it has the added benefit of being able to lift the face and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
For my at-home routine, you’ll need:
Add in facial oils and Gua Sha on a different night of the week and I think the results are even better. Tho I will not turn down a facial massage, ever!
Here’s a general tutorial:
The above Reel (1 min) and below linked video live with Q&A (35min) will help you, too.
- Wash and prep skin (I use Clear Pore Cleanser and Countertime Mineral Boost Hydrating Essence).
- Before using the PMD, take a pea sized amount of Cleansing Balm, rub between hands and press into skin.
- Using the resurfacing attachment of the Personal Microdermabrasion tool, starting on the lowest setting of suction as directed.
- Wipe off exfoliated skin and remaining cleansing with a wet microfiber cloth (I like those dark grey ones to avoid staining).
- Apply Overnight Resurfacing Peel or serum of choice (continuing skincare routine Step 3).
- Wait 5-10 minutes, then apply Protect step (I use No. 1 Brightening Oil combined with Countertime Antioxidant Soft Cream) and concentrated anti-wrinkle cream (I use Countertime Eye Rescue Cream).
During this process, you’ll noticed increased blood flow (redness) to the skin, this is a good thing for cellular rejuvenation and will pass in an hour or two. Because of this, and because using the exfoliating Peel is best done overnight, this routine is ideal before bed.
How it Works:
A HydraFacial resurfaces skin by combining cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, hydration and antioxidant protection that removes dead skin cells and impurities, while simultaneously delivering moisturizing serums into the skin.
By washing the skin with a jojoba-based exfoliator, prepping with a nourishing mineral essence rich in skin superfoods, then using at-home exfoliation and extraction with both the Peel and PMD, you can get similar results at home. The same Glycolic Acid serum that was used during my treatment is in the Peel – only it also has many other botanicals that also soothe the skin. It is such a good serum and I swear by it’s results on my skin! By using it when the pores are open and skin freshly exfoliated, it’s able to work even better. Finish by hydrating with the Antioxidant Soft Cream to fully mirror the entire routine. A
A professional HydraFacial’s average cost is $250 (I paid much more for mine after fees and tip), but this routine will cost around $18 per if all products last 6 months. For me my PMD is going strong at 3 years!
Want the longer tutorial for PMD? Here for more info.
Want a simpler solution?
- Option 1: The new AHA Smoothing Mask will mimic this process and is super simple (apply, let dry, remove). Ask me for a sample of this Glycolic Acid superstar that has built-in chemical (gentle botanical) acids and physical exfoliants from sustainable bamboo!
- Option 2: The Charcoal Facial Mask + Cleansing Balm also offers many of these benefits! Here’s how to combine them for an exfoliating facial.
Wanna save more? 2 options:
- When making a purchase using an e-mail that’s never purchased before, use code CLEANFORALL20 for 20% off
- Sign up for “auto-replenishment” on skincare items, you can adjust or cancel at anytime and it gives you deeper savings like Subscribe & Save!
- Join the loyalty perks program, Band of Beauty, for free shipping and 10% back as product credit on your entire product purchases for a year. Then the Peel and Charcoal Mask are FREE welcome gifts!
let’s connect so I can send you sample! Click Here
Have sensitive skin? Checkout my blog post for you:
click the image for the blog post
Have dry skin? Checkout my recommendations for you:
click the image for the blog post
You can keep up each week on Instagram and our newsletters: