THIS CONTEST HAS BEEN CLOSED! The winner is Amanda!
We’ve talked before about our love of Wildtree products and how we discovered them. These days, we’re no longer using grapeseed oil (Diane taught us about oils vs. fats in her Practical Paleo Seminar), but have found that Wildtree has quite a few other quality products we love.
If we had $50 to spend at Wildtree, here’s what we’d buy:
- Mulling Spices – The Wildtree mulling spices are a blend of cinnamon, allspice, mace, cardamon and cloves. Very fragrant! I put a couple tablespoons of the stuff in an empty teabag and simmered some apple juice and water with it for 20 minutes and made our own apple cider. This was quite a treat! Every mug was deeply warming and the spices really highlighted the apple flavor. The boys really couldn’t get enough, requesting mug after mug of the stuff!
- Guacamole Seasoning – If you haven’t heard it a million times, you’re obviously new around here: we like guacamole. We eat it a LOT. When I first tried this seasoning after a Saturday visit to the market, I went back Sunday to buy Courtney out of stock while it was on sale. This spice blend is perfect not just on avocados but we love it on meat as well – we LOVE to add it to ground meat (we like venison and beef liver together), chicken or steak for fajitas or taco nights. It’s so nice to find a seasoning I can trust to not have hydrolyzed wheat protein or MSG, but still tastes great!
- Thai Red Curry Paste – I know an excellent curry paste recipe from Nongkran Daks of Thai Basil, but I rarely have the time or ingredients available (like galangal, kefir lime leaves and coriander root). I’ve been looking for the perfect pre-made curry paste, for our beloved recipes (here and here, another recipe coming soon). Finally, I may have found it! Just a hint of spice, but not too much. Great stuff and the curry turned out perfect!
- Sweet and Savory Pineapple Sauce – We LOVED this sauce so much that we recreated our own version, the recipe is in our upcoming book Eat Like a Dinosaur. Since that won’t be available until March, we recommend this dressing for dipping veggies, meat and even on salads. It does have grapeseed oil, but Wildtree uses expeller pressed oil which is a much better choice than other solvent oil extracted oil dressings you’ll find at the grocery store which use canola or soybean oil.
Why the posturing and recommendations? Because you CAN have $50 to spend at Wildtree! You can shop all their products, including our favorites, through Courtney’s Wildtree page. We met Courtney at our weekly farmer’s market and with her whole food products and “carrots for her gluten-free friends” offered to the boys, she instantly became a friend. We’re happy to host this awesome giveaway and share some of our secret “insider” delicious finds with you!
How do you enter? We’re too technically challenged to figure this out without our random WordPress generator… so we’ll need you to comment when do the following. One comment for each action!
- Like our page on Facebook (comment if you already are a fan too)
- Like the Courtney of Wildtree page on Facebook (comment if you already are a fan too)
- Follow us on Twitter (comment if you already follow us too)
- Follow Courtney of Wildtree on Twitter (comment if you already follow her too)
- Share this post’s link with your own Facebook or Twitter friends (a comment for every share!)
Contest ends midnight EST November 3rd, winner will be chosen and announced November 4th!
Fine Print: Wildtree Natural Food products contain NO MSG, HFCS, artificial additives, preservatives, or food dyes. All of our products are produced in a NUT FREE facility. The giveaway is for one $50 Wildtree product voucher, good for a single purchase of any products of your choosing through the Wildtree online store. Winner will be contacted via e-mail; products will be received via post (or hand carry, if local) within 20 days of ordering. Winner will provide contact information, including name, phone number, mailing address, and email.