Our forty-sixth show!
Episode 46: The Paleo Weblebrity Podcast
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah are joined by Bill and Hayley from the Food Lover’s Primal Palette, Danielle from Against All Grain, and Russ The Domestic Man to catch up and chat about the launch of Beyond Bacon.
Click the picture above to be taken to iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean player below
We’re now on Stitcher!
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 46: The Paleo Weblebrity Podcast
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:19 – News & Views
- As if last week’s guest wasn’t big enough, this week’s episode features – what are being coined – the weblebrities!
- Joining us are Bill and Hayley from the Food Lover’s Primal Palette, Danielle from Against All Grain (TPV’s most frequent guest), and new to the show – Russ The Domestic Man
- Bill and Hayley are getting married at the end of August so they are busy working on wedding arrangements
- They also released two books this spring, Gather and 30 Day Guide to Paleo Cooking, and also got a dog around the same time
- Danielle just received an advance copy of her book, Against All Grain: Delectable Paleo Recipes to Eat Well & Feel Great – this is her first book and it is complete with paleo recipes for breakfast, lunch, appetizers, dinner, dessert, etc.
- Danielle will also be doing a book tour, so keep an eye on her site for more information
- Bill and Hayley and Russ will be in the DC area for the Beyond Bacon release party on July 5 – so be sure to bring your Primal Palette books
- The food and drinks are going to be amazing at the Beyond Bacon release party – BE THERE! July 5, Fairfax, VA, Red Apron
- Danielle is also giving away a trip to San Francisco, be sure to check out the details and enter
- Russ blogs at The Domestic Man, where he mostly focuses on traditional foods, and he doesn’t have too much going on right now, but posts a recipe a week on his site and will be presenting at the Ancestral Health Symposium
- Russ’s pizza and chicken nuggets are his famed recipes
- Everyone on the show tested recipes from Beyond Bacon and has a bit to share on their experience
- Russ tested the Pork Kabobs and Cracklin’ Pork Belly (really enjoyed them!) – just this past weekend he also made the Corn Dogs, and those also turned out amazing!
- Bill and Hayley have had the Rosemary Carrot Mash, The Best Brownies, and both ice creams – Roasted Peach and Prosciutto and Maple Bacon
- Hayley really wants to make the Piggy Pot Pies
- Stacy notes that the biscuits are crazily delicious
- Danielle made the Best Brownies and notes that they were so good – she cannot wait to make more
- Danielle’s review is live on her site and includes a giveaway
- Sarah is hosting a giveaway for Beyond Bacon as well, be sure to go to her site
- Amy, the Beyond Bacon photographer, will be at the release party, people will also have the chance to get her signature in the book as well
- Briefly chatted about photography, fermenting, Jill’s book, angel scobies, deep freezer inventory tactics, meat hoarding
- Bill and Hayley plan to make the lard from Beyond Bacon
- Russ gets lard from a local farmer, and while he has rendered his own lard before, he sometimes has a hard time finding the fat for the dish
- Danielle made the brownies with butter instead of lard
- Stacy notes that all the recipes are adaptable to use an alternative fat
- If you hear anything strange in the background, Charlie (Bill and Hayley’s dog) was enjoying a snack
- Discussed curing meats at home
- Stacy points out that they created the Corn Dogs after pulling together the Sweet and Sour Pork batter, but you will have to get the book to learn how to get the batter to actually stick to the hot dogs while frying it
- The hardest recipes to create were the biscuits and pie crust
- Stacy shared insider stories on the creation of the apple pie
- The group chatted about pet snafus
- When creating Beyond Bacon, they kept many of the elements that they had in Eat Like a Dinosaur, but looked to some of their favorite cookbooks and pulled from their inspirations to mature the look and feel to serve a different audience, since ELAD was intended for kids involvement
- Stacy is excited to see everyone at the Beyond Bacon release party!
- And a reminder, Beyond Bacon is 95% non-organ meat recipes, so don’t let the nose to tail approach intimidate you – as you hear from everyone on the podcast the recipes cover a broad range of foodie interests
- Be sure to keep watching the Paleo Parents site in the upcoming weeks with all of the Beyond Bacon giveaway promotions!
- 55:39 – Outro