Ep. 157, Skin Health
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah talk about skin health and how to heal the skin when inflammation causes external skin conditions.
Click the picture above to be taken to iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean Player below
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 157
- Intro (0:00)
- News and Views (0:56)
- Welcome to the first show of Stacy and Sarah’s fourth year of podcasting!
- Thoughts on the early episodes
- The Reset & Thrive Library is live!
- 40 never been bundled before resources from 40 leading health, wellness and organization authors
- 28 discounts from some of the best vendors in the industry
- AND a two-week BONUS meal plan using the cookbooks featured in the e-library
- Only $39, and the 56 PDFs (not including the meal plan or discount codes) is valued at over $1000 ALONE!
- We are calling this an e-library to avoid the confusion around bundles – these resources are yours to keep forever! You download one file and put any of those 58 PDFs on the devices of your choice
- Why Sarah chose to include her book exclusively in the Reset & Thrive Library
- Features resources extending far beyond the Paleo community
- Sarah spent the weekend hanging out with Alaena from Grazed and Enthused shooting the cover from their new cookbook – The Healing Kitchen
- Comes out February 23
- Features 150 budget-friendly, quick and easy recipes made with everyday ingredients, you get to minimize time and effort preparing healthful foods without sacrificing flavor! Straightforward explanations and a comprehensive collection of visual guides will teach you which foods are the best choices to mitigate chronic illnesses, including autoimmune disease.
- Stores from the photoshoot for the book cover
- This week’s show features a topic that Stacy and Sarah haven’t discussed in a long time, but is one that they always receive questions on – skin health
- Skin shows the benefits of health changes last, and that is because skin is the lowest priority organ for the body and there is so much internal healing that is happening
- Science with Sarah (31:14)
- When you are dealing with a skin condition, the first step is reducing inflammation and regulating the immune system
- When you stop the immune system from attacking the skin, we then need to heal the wounds, which requires a different set of resources
- The steps that happen in the body when healing from a wound
- The superstar nutrients that support wound healing
- The nutrients to pair to optimize nutrient absorption
- Questions & Answers (51:09)
- Carrie-Ann: how long does it take to see skin healing after adopting an autoimmune protocol to manage psoriasis?
- Emelie – what can I do to improve my keratosis pilaris?
- The Angel Food Cake Matt made on the night Stacy and Sarah were recording the podcast
- The Less Lasagna, dairy-less, grain-less, tomato-less
- Outro (1:13:21)