Ep. 147, Meat and a Balanced Diet
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah discuss how to incorporate meat into a balanced diet. In ‘Science with Sarah’ the hosts discuss the link between meat consumption and cancer, and then address listeners’ questions on all things meat!
Click the picture above to be taken to iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean Player below
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 147, Meat and a Balanced Diet
- Intro (0:00)
- News and Views (0:56)
- What Matt, Stacy and kids have been up to while Stacy is on vacation from work
- Game of Thrones
- Stacy’s decluttering project and appreciation for minimalist living
- Sarah’s take on decluttering
- This week’s show is on meat – how to select sustainable meat, how to handle meat incorporation when you are transitioning from vegetarian to paleo, and the importance of quality meat
- Science with Sarah (18:17)
- The research on the links between meat consumption and cancer
- The links do exist – three in particular between the proteins in red meat and cancer
- But how does the rest of the diet impact these links?
- What are the questions we don’t yet have the answers to so we can make better choices
- #morevegetablesthanavegetarian – the paleo approach to meat and vegetable incorporation
- Where the rumor comes from on the link between cancer and charred meat
- Questions & Answers (32:59)
- Gabi – the link between meat and estrogen dominance, would a meat-less diet help aid in hormone balancing?
- Bea – what does one eat, when they err on the side of vegetarianism and how do you balance your diet? What do you use for protein, besides protein powders
- Please don’t forget to leave those reviews in iTunes!
- Outro (1:03:02)