Welcome to Strong Woman Radio, a sanctuary free of testosterone (except for a few special guests), where ladies who like to lift heavy things can chitchat about the struggles and success that comes with being a woman in a male dominated sport. We welcome listeners of all sports, be it strongman, Crossfit, olympic lifting or more; but be warned we don’t like running very much unless we are carrying or dragging something heavy while we do it.
DON’T FORGET TO download, subscribe to and listen to the previous episodes! And as you get familiar with the show, leave those reviews and ratings in iTunes, and send us your questions and comments via the comment form, which can be found here.
Enjoy the show and lift on ladies!
Episode 49, The Transition to Strongman
- Intro (0:00)
- Latest & Greatest (1:16)
- More on Sarah (4:35)
- She is a graduating senior in college
- Sarah use to Crossfit, but then transitioned to powerlifting full-time
- In the fall Sarah began to miss the variety she use to get with Crossfit, so she decided to try Strongman
- She found a Crossfit and Strongman gym in New York
- To prep for a powerlifting competition she focused on powerlifting, but then after her competition she shifted her attention to Strongman
- Sarah still does a little bit of everything – but views it that she will have powerlifting seasons and Strongman seasons
- Qualifying for nationals
- Belt etiquette
- Tips for People Looking to Transition (11:12)
- Utilizing Crossfit gyms, they may have Strongman implements
- Use the map feature on Starting Strongman
- Consider your goals when planning out your training
- Suggestions for blending powerlifting and strongman training
- Look into strongman classes
- Signing up for a show as a novice, and the doors a show will open
- Sarah’s thoughts on the competition
- Had few expectations
- The weight class group
- Sarah’s strategy
- How the events went
- Thank you everyone for tuning in!
- You can find Sarah:
- Outro (33:30)