Welcome to Strong Woman Radio, a sanctuary free of testosterone (except for a few special guests), where ladies who like to lift heavy things can chitchat about the struggles and success that comes with being a woman in a male dominated sport. We welcome listeners of all sports, be it strongman, Crossfit, olympic lifting or more; but be warned we don’t like running very much unless we are carrying or dragging something heavy while we do it.
DON’T FORGET TO download, subscribe to and listen to the previous episodes! And as you get familiar with the show, leave those reviews and ratings in iTunes, and send us your questions and comments via the comment form, which can be found here.
Enjoy the show and lift on ladies!
Episode 46, Welcome Noelle!
- Intro (0:00)
- Latest & Greatest (1:16)
- Welcome back to Strong Woman Radio where we are showing up twice in a row!
- This week Noelle from Coconuts & Kettlebells is joining the show
- She does fitness Periscope videos on the regular
- Her and Stacy met at Paleo f(x) last year
- She is somewhat local to Stacy, so they have met up at a handful of events
- And Stacy thinks Noelle is gorgeous and says to be sure to check her out on Instagram and Periscope
- And Noelle also hosts an amazing podcast, which you can find here
- Stacy’s struggle finding proper chest support for her inversion work
- The weirdo comments that happen on Periscope
- More from Noelle (6:15)
- Noelle use to do a lot on endurance training, but wore herself out eventually
- Using exercise as a form of punishment
- Letting go of all of that four/five years ago and changing her perception of fitness
- At that time she got into a Crossfit gym and got into lifting
- Fitness is now incorporated to bring health and longevity to her life
- Supporting her body in the long term and doing things that she actually enjoys
- The home based workouts that Noelle does now
- Her free home workout guide, which you can find here
- Making time for fitness
- Stacy’s struggle with bulimia years ago
- The amazing support within the female lifting community
- Things Happening on the Internet (17:54)
- Thank you so much Noelle for joining the show this week!
- Be sure to check out Noelle’s site here and all of her channels!
- Stay strong everyone – we will be back soon!
- Outro (48:18)