Welcome to Strong Woman Radio, a sanctuary free of testosterone (except for a few special guests), where ladies who like to lift heavy things can chitchat about the struggles and success that comes with being a woman in a male dominated sport. We welcome listeners of all sports, be it strongman, Crossfit, olympic lifting or more; but be warned we don’t like running very much unless we are carrying or dragging something heavy while we do it.
DON’T FORGET TO download, subscribe to and listen to the previous episodes! And as you get familiar with the show, leave those reviews and ratings in iTunes, and send us your questions and comments via the comment form, which can be found here.
Enjoy the show and lift on ladies!
Episode 34, Routines
- Intro (0:00)
- Latest & Greatest (1:14)
- Protein Supplements
- Vivian decided not to do Harvest Queen
- Stacy is looking for what her next program may be in light of her recent injury
- The Ladies Lift Here Events are always so much fun to attend, and they are so well orchestrated
- Stacy won’t be there, but Vivian will be there judging
- Stacy and Vivian are both in the busy season with their jobs , so not able to work a ton right now
- Stacy is still enjoying walking at her desk while at work, especially she doesn’t have much time to make it to the gym right now
- Vivian’s routine when she gets to the gym
- Stacy’s routine when she gets to the gym
- When you are super busy and tired, how should you handle working out?
- Stacy recommends that if you don’t get at least seven hours of sleep to not lift, also take epsom salt soaks if you are noticing you aren’t recovering that well
- How Vivian handles mobility before lifting competitions
- The challenges that come with falling out of a routine
- Send questions to email@example.com
- If you want to Periscope with Vivian, she does those on Tuesday and Thursday
- Ideas on future guests for the show
- Outro (32:50)