Welcome to Strong Woman Radio, a sanctuary free of testosterone (except for a few special guests), where ladies who like to lift heavy things can chitchat about the struggles and success that comes with being a woman in a male dominated sport. We welcome listeners of all sports, be it strongman, Crossfit, olympic lifting or more; but be warned we don’t like running very much unless we are carrying or dragging something heavy while we do it.
DON’T FORGET TO download, subscribe to and listen to the previous episodes! And as you get familiar with the show, leave those reviews and ratings in iTunes, and send us your questions and comments via the comment form, which can be found here.
Enjoy the show and lift on ladies!
Episode 31, Time in the Gym
- Intro (0:00)
- Latest & Greatest (1:14)
- Stacy and Vivian are toying around with Periscope and sharing their lift via this channel
- Today’s Show – What a Schedule for Time in the Gym Looks Like (4:22)
- How does Stacy spend three hours in the gym?
- How long Vivian typically works out
- Fueling during long lift sessions
- The difference between weekday lifts versus weekend lifts
- Eating before a big lift and how to strategize based on your body and what you respond to – what is typical for Stacy
- Strongman Sunday, and the pre-lift supplements and snacks
- Two dinners post lift
- Solid chunk of time dedicated to mobilization
- The lifts and how to structure the sets and the reps
- How the calendar impacts your trainings schedule
- Recovery and the time post lift
- Send show feedback, questions and requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will be back next week!
- Please be sure to leave those reviews and to share the show with others!
- Outro (33:46)