Welcome to Strong Woman Radio, a sanctuary free of testosterone (except for a few special guests), where ladies who like to lift heavy things can chitchat about the struggles and success that comes with being a woman in a male dominated sport. We welcome listeners of all sports, be it strongman, Crossfit, olympic lifting or more; but be warned we don’t like running very much unless we are carrying or dragging something heavy while we do it.
DON’T FORGET TO download, subscribe to and listen to the previous episodes! And as you get familiar with the show, leave those reviews and ratings in iTunes, and send us your questions and comments via the comment form, which can be found here.
Enjoy the show and lift on ladies!
Episode 30, Nia Shanks
- Intro (0:00)
- Latest & Greatest (1:14)
- Welcome back everyone!
- And a big welcome to Nia Shanks from Lift Like a Girl
- More from Nia and why she is passionate about what she is passionate about (3:51)
- Your health and fitness choices should empower you
- What inspired Nia to get into fitness and what inspired her to promote this message?
- Being positive about your focus right now
- What other people have to say and validating ourselves through others
- How Nia launched the Lift Like a Girl brand and what happened when it took off
- Her training focus these days
- Offers online distance coaching
- Tips on getting started with strength training
- Favorite movements to teach and why
- Her favorite forms of fuel
- Find Nia on her site here
- You can also find all of her resources here, including the book she mentioned on binge eating
- Thanks everyone, we will be back next week!
- Outro (43:15)