Welcome to Strong Woman Radio, a sanctuary free of testosterone (except for a few special guests), where ladies who like to lift heavy things can chitchat about the struggles and success that comes with being a woman in a male dominated sport. We welcome listeners of all sports, be it strongman, Crossfit, olympic lifting or more; but be warned we don’t like running very much unless we are carrying or dragging something heavy while we do it.
DON’T FORGET TO download, subscribe to and listen to the previous episodes! And as you get familiar with the show, leave those reviews and ratings in iTunes, and send us your questions and comments via the comment form, which can be found here.
Enjoy the show and lift on ladies!
Episode 27, Ladies Lift Here
- Intro (0:00)
- Latest & Greatest (1:14)
- Stacy and Viv welcome Amanda from Ladies Lift Here.
- How Amanda got started and the bathroom incident that inspired the namesake of her women’s strength movement.
- Woman-only shows, including the different atmosphere they provide, and why Stacy now prefers co-ed shows.
- Upcoming events from Ladies Lift Here.
- The benefits of training with other women, attending shows with women and promoted by women- especially for novice lifters.
- The camaraderie between men and women and the wonderfully supportive men that show up to help at women’s competitions.
- Advice from Amanda for anyone who wants to get started in Strongman or lifting.
- Why watching a women-only show is a blast.
- Thanks to Amanda for being on the podcast, and for being a great resource for women in this sport! Connect with Amanda on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (and don’t forget to use the hashtag #ladieslifthere)!
- Outro (45:31)