Welcome to Strong Woman Radio, a sanctuary free of testosterone (except for a few special guests), where ladies who like to lift heavy things can chitchat about the struggles and success that comes with being a woman in a male dominated sport. We welcome listeners of all sports, be it strongman, Crossfit, olympic lifting or more; but be warned we don’t like running very much unless we are carrying or dragging something heavy while we do it.
DON’T FORGET TO download, subscribe to and listen to the previous episodes! And as you get familiar with the show, leave those reviews and ratings in iTunes, and send us your questions and comments via the comment form, which can be found here.
Enjoy the show and lift on ladies!
Episode 21, Overtraining
- Intro (0:00)
- Latest & Greatest (1:14)
- Activity trackers, Viv is thinking about getting one
- Recent workouts in House of Gainz
- Overtraining (9:08)
- With 15.3 coming up, now is the perfect time to talk about overloading and overtraining
- What overtraining means and the signs
- The training schedule that is conducive to Stacy’s progress
- Adding in cardio as a form of recovery
- Listening to your body and what it needs
- Rest days
- Taking time off before competitions
- A YouTube video from Stacy and Viv – find it here
- What would you like us to cover? What questions do you have? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave them here
- Stacy is getting ready to go to Florida and Viv is getting ready to go to Europe, so the schedule will be a bit different in April
- If you enjoy the show, don’t forget to leave a review here
- Outro (38:31)