Welcome to Strong Woman Radio, a sanctuary free of testosterone (except for a few special guests), where ladies who like to lift heavy things can chitchat about the struggles and success that comes with being a woman in a male dominated sport. We welcome listeners of all sports, be it strongman, Crossfit, olympic lifting or more; but be warned we don’t like running very much unless we are carrying or dragging something heavy while we do it.
DON’T FORGET TO download, subscribe to and listen to the previous episodes! And as you get familiar with the show, leave those reviews and ratings in iTunes, and send us your questions and comments via the comment form, which can be found here.
Enjoy the show and lift on ladies!
Episode 20, The Strongest Southern Bells
- Intro (0:00)
- Latest & Greatest (1:14)
- Welcome back Nicole, and congrats to both you and Viv on your recent win of the title Strongest Southern Bells
- Don’t forget Beyond Bacon is at Costco, so don’t forget to pick up a copy!
- Thoughts on The Open
- Viv and Nicole’s road trip to the competition and the things they enjoyed along the way
- How the competition went
- What Viv and Nicole learning about training in an unfamiliar facility
- The other competitors and the varied backgrounds
- The benefit of working your weakness
- Don’t cherry pick contests!
- Nationals is June 28 in Indianapolis
- Thank you again to Nicole for coming back on this week’s show!
- Outro (44:44)