Welcome to Strong Woman Radio, a sanctuary free of testosterone (except for a few special guests), where ladies who like to lift heavy things can chitchat about the struggles and success that comes with being a woman in a male dominated sport. We welcome listeners of all sports, be it strongman, Crossfit, olympic lifting or more; but be warned we don’t like running very much unless we are carrying or dragging something heavy while we do it.
DON’T FORGET TO download, subscribe to and listen to the previous episodes! And as you get familiar with the show, leave those reviews and ratings in iTunes, and send us your questions and comments via the comment form, which can be found here.
Enjoy the show and lift on ladies!
Episode 19, Stephanie Gaudreau
- Intro (0:00)
- Latest & Greatest (1:14)
- Welcome back Steph from Stupid Easy Paleo to talk about nutrition
- More on Stephanie and the resources available on her site
- What got Stephanie interested in teaching others about food for training
- Macro tracking and Stephanie’s philosophy
- Calories do matter, but it boils down to awareness
- Unless you are trying to push your body composition, being super precise may not be necessary
- Tracking is a great thing for short term goals, but not a great way to live life
- Whole food recommendations and why
- Stacy’s tracking and fueling methods
- Recovery and how food contributes to it
- Thanks again to Stephanie for joining us on this week’s show – don’t forget to check out all of her great resources!
- Stacy’s next signing event will be at Paleo f(x), learn more about this great event here
- Beyond Bacon is now available in Costco stores across the U.S.
- Outro (1:00:58)