Welcome to Strong Woman Radio, a sanctuary free of testosterone (except for a few special guests), where ladies who like to lift heavy things can chitchat about the struggles and success that comes with being a woman in a male dominated sport. We welcome listeners of all sports, be it strongman, Crossfit, olympic lifting or more; but be warned we don’t like running very much unless we are carrying or dragging something heavy while we do it.
DON’T FORGET TO download, subscribe to and listen to the previous episodes! And as you get familiar with the show, leave those reviews and ratings in iTunes, and send us your questions and comments via the comment form, which can be found here.
Enjoy the show and lift on ladies!
Episode 16, Welcome Diane Fu!
- Intro (0:00)
- Latest & Greatest (1:14)
- Welcome from Diane Fu from FuBarbell
- More on Diane and how she got into lifting and why she started FuBarbell
- Q&A with Diane
- What is it like to train with KStar?
- What are your warmup and prep recommendations for mobility?
- Do you see a difference when training men versus women?
- What should people look for in a coach when determining if they are a good fit to work with?
- Do you grunt or not grunt in the gym?
- Cursing in the gym – thoughts?
- Solution to finding jeans that fit?
- Who is her favorite tattoo artist and what do you tattoos mean?
- What drives her as an athlete?
- Favorite part of your job?
- How to break bad habits with lifting technique?
- What is your favorite food? And what does your typical day of eating look like?
- Find Diane here along with information on how to participate in one of her seminars
- Outro (1:00:00)