Welcome to Strong Woman Radio, a sanctuary free of testosterone (except for a few special guests), where ladies who like to lift heavy things can chitchat about the struggles and success that comes with being a woman in a male dominated sport. We welcome listeners of all sports, be it strongman, Crossfit, olympic lifting or more; but be warned we don’t like running very much unless we are carrying or dragging something heavy while we do it.
DON’T FORGET TO download, subscribe to and listen to the previous episodes! And as you get familiar with the show, leave those reviews and ratings in iTunes, and send us your questions and comments via the comment form, which can be found here.
Enjoy the show and lift on ladies!
- Intro (0:00)
- Latest & Greatest (1:15)
- Welcome to our first male guests, Barry Von Perkins from The Edge and Dustin Payne from Nova Strongman – they will be sharing on what it is like to train women in the sport of lifting heavy things
- Barry’s involvement with Ice Queen
- How Barry has seen woman come into lifting as of late
- It’s not I can’t – it is I have not yet – how your mental approach impacts your abilities
- Speed bumps and lady lumps
- How strength training programs differ between men and women
- The importance of making time for yourself and creating habits
- What to do when you can’t find a good strength training gym in your area
- The craziest things Barry and Dustin have encountered while training women
- How empowering lifting can be
- The most difficult part to training women
- The role of recovery
- Performance in training vs. contests
- Training tactics for competitions
- Find the upcoming Ladies Lift competitions here
- Find many more amazing resources and information on Ladies Lift Here
- Outro (1:14:18)