So of late we’ve been getting a lot of “Getting Started” type questions. As much as we’d love to answer everyone, we’ve focused on spending more time on our own family and just can’t! While we do have a lot of information in our “Start Here” drop-down menu at the top of our site or the Paleo 101 page, there was never a one-stop place here that had EVERYTHING. Now, however, we do!
If you don’t have our book, or want even more detail on the “boring chapter for grown ups” stuff in Eat Like a Dinosaur, you’ll love our new 20 page guide!
This guide was compiled after many hours of work and would have been a part of a seminar series we no longer intend to do, because we’re scaling down and focusing more on our own family. So you get it for free! However, if you appreciate the work that went into this and would like to donate to us, please click on the below PayPal link and donate what you’re able and willing. You can also support us by shopping at any of the sources on the sidebar and we’ll receive a small percentage of the sale (including anything on Amazon!).
Click the above graphic to be taken to the correct page to download our Paleo Parenting guide:
A Paleo Approach to Parenting: Simply Eat Real Food, Like Meat & Plants the Way Dinosaurs Did, for Healthy & Happy Kids!
The guide offers some detail and guidance, with references, so you can understand how a Paleo lifestyle has the potential (or may already be) changing your family’s life for the better. If you’d like to download it, click the graphic above.
Once downloaded, here are some questions you’ll get instant answers to:
– What is Paleo?
– Should I put my kids on this “diet”?
– What about moderation; can I eat some stuff sometimes?
– What DO I eat? Wait, what do my kids eat?!
– How can I get enough fiber and calcium without whole grains and milk?!
You’ll also get our Tips & Tricks on:
– Shopping around for deals (shopping list items for Costco, Trader Joe’s, Wegman’s, Amazon Subscribe & Save, Farmer’s Markets and Sales/CSAs/Coupons/Groupons provided)
– Tools we use (links to our recommendations of dehydrator, food processor, ice cream maker, silicon muffin cups, electric mixer, and meat grinder provided)
– Ingredients always in our pantry
Our known-for recommendations on Doing Stuff Together, as a family:
– Get outside – Garden, U-Pick, visit grass-fed meat farms, exercise
– Shop together – yard sale, farmer’s markets, grocery stores
– Cook together – why it’s important and how to do it safely
And, it wouldn’t be complete without links to some of our most popular recipes:
– Creamed Hot Cereal
– Grain Free Granola
– Licorice Sausage
– Beef Bacon Sweet Potato Brunch Casserole
– Spaghetti Squash alla Carbonara
– Bacon Chicken
– Curried Mussels not Muscles
– 50/50 Bacon Burgers
– Coconut Pecan Date Rolls
– Blueberry Coconut Smoothie
– Dark Chocolate Banana Bites
– Pumpkin Pucks
– Snickerdoodle Whoopie Pies
– Chunky Monkey Muffins
Last but not least – some FAQ, Resources and References. The guide has some local references to the DC Metro area resources – like suggested restaurants that we find safe and kid-friendly, but it’s applicable nation-wide, possibly even worldwide, at your local equivalents.
Please note, this site and all material contained on it are copyrighted. Use, sale and distribution of this guide or material contained in it are strictly prohibited without author consent. Please link to this page for anyone with whom you’d like to share the guide. Thanks!